Polumbus with the Washington Redskins in 2014
|No. 74, 76|
|Date of birth:||April 10, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Denver, Colorado|
|Height:||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Weight:||308 lb (140 kg)|
|High school:||Englewood (CO) Cherry Creek|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Tyler Polumbus (born April 10, 1985) is a former American football offensive tackle. He was signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
On April 29, 2008, the Denver Broncos signed Polumbus as an undrafted free agent. He made his NFL debut in Week 1 against the Oakland Raiders. He finished the 2008 season playing in all 16 games as a backup lineman.
Polumbus had his first career start in Week 9 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. By the end of the season, he had played in 15 games and started eight of them.
Polumbus was waived on August 24, 2010.
On August 31, 2010, the Lions traded Polumbus to the Seattle Seahawks for an undisclosed draft pick. He started at left tackle his first two games in place of injured Russell Okung. He played in 15 games, starting 7 of them, by the end of the 2010 season.
After playing five games in the 2011 season, the Seahawks waived him on October 25, 2011.
On November 9, 2011, the Washington Redskins signed Polumbus to the 53-man roster. In Week 11 against the Dallas Cowboys, Polumbus would start as the left guard subbing in for Maurice Hurt. Polumbus would unexpectedly start as the right tackle in Week 15 after Jammal Brown suffered a groin injury during pre-game warmups. At the end of the 2011 season, he played a total of five games, starting four of them.
During 2012 training camp, Polumbus split snaps at right tackle with Maurice Hurt and Willie Smith after Jammal Brown was placed on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. After starting at right tackle during the first three preseason games, he was officially announced as the starting right tackle for the opening of the 2012 season after Brown had hip surgery on August 27. On October 26, Polumbus was fined $7,875 for a leg whip in Week 7. In Week 15 against the Cleveland Browns, he was forced to leave the game early after suffering a concussion. He would miss the next game against the Philadelphia Eagles due to this concussion.
He began the 2014 season as the starting right offensive tackle. Before the Week 8 game against the Dallas Cowboys, it was announced by Head Coach Jay Gruden that Polumbus would be benched in favor of Tom Compton.
Second Stint with Broncos
- "Polumbus, Tyler". CUBuffs.com - Official Athletics Web site of the University of Colorado. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- Tyler Polumbus #78 OT (2010-12-29). "Tyler Polumbus Profile - Seattle Seahawks". ESPN. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- SB Nation Profile
- Yuille, Sean (August 31, 2010). "NFL Roster Cuts 2010: Lions Trade Tyler Polumbus". PrideofDetroit.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Seahawks release T Tyler Polumbus". HeraldNet.com. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- Jones, Mike (November 9, 2011). "Redskins add T Tyler Polumbus to 53-man roster, TE Fendi Onobun to practice squad". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "Fill-in tackles Willie Smith, Tyler Polumbus impress Coach Mike Shanahan". WashingtonPost.com. December 11, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Whyno, Stephen (July 26, 2012). "Redskins place Jammal Brown on PUP list with hip soreness". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Jones, Mike (August 28, 2012). "Redskins expect to start Tyler Polumbus at right tackle". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-08-28.
- "Fines roundup: Alphonso Smith docked for horse-collar tackle". National Football League. 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- Maske, Mark (December 16, 2012). "Injuries suddenly piling up on Redskins' offensive line". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-12-23.
- Jones, Mike (March 18, 2013). "Redskins re-sign Tyler Polumbus to two-year deal". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- "Tyler Polumbus, Washington Redskins strike contract". NFL.com. March 18, 2013. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- Keim, John (October 24, 2014). "Tom Compton in, Tyler Polumbus out at RT". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-12-23.
- Wesseling, Chris (May 14, 2015). "Tyler Polumbus set to sign with Atlanta Falcons". NFL.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando (September 29, 2015). "Falcons sign Shuler, released Polumbus". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- Gantt, Darin (October 1, 2015). "Broncos add some tackle depth, sign Tyler Polumbus". NBCSports.com. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tyler Polumbus.|