This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Birth name||Tyler Andrew Reese|
|Born||June 23, 1993|
|Genres||Jazz, rock, funk, blues|
|Occupation(s)||Guitarist, songwriter, music producer|
Reese was born in 1993, Norfolk, Virginia, to Dr. William Andrew Reese, a navy physician and Lisa Dyal Reese, a nurse. The family moved to Fredericksburg, Virginia in the summer of 1994 where Reese spent the rest of his childhood through high school. Reese was started on piano theory at age of three with his grandmother, Edith Colvin Dyal, a piano educator who received her PhD from Teachers College, Columbia University. Reese studied piano through age 18. He started guitar at age 10, and focused on jazz guitar from age 14. In his high school years, Reese also played tenor saxophone. After graduating High School in 2011, Reese attended the Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA. In 2013, Reese left Boston and moved to Nashville where he pursued a career as a studio and session guitarist. In the summer of 2013, Tyler studied at a Master's Clinic in Upstate NY with Pat Metheny.
Reese started his professional career in 2010 with release of his first album, Risus21. His second album, Because I Can was released in 2011. Because I Can was a mixture of traditional jazz music with aspects of funk, blues and rock music.
Reese has played as the lead guitarist for prominent musical groups and artists such as Craig Morgan, Prince, Ernie Isley, Benjie Porecki and Gary Grainger. Reese has also opened for Martin Sexton, Ron Holloway, Bo Bice and Scotty McCreery.
Reese released his fourth album, Reminiscence, in 2016. The album was produced by Jeff Silverman and Reese. Reese has written and co-written songs such as Moving On, 2Funk, Reflections and others. The song, Moving On, was nominated for 2016 Hollywood Music in Media Awards in the Jazz Category while 2Funk was also nominated in the Producer/Production Category. Moving On debuted at #5 on the Billboard Contemporary Jazz Album Chart and #12 on Billboard Best Jazz Album Chart in November 2016. 2Funk reached number 33 on SoundCloud for Jazz and Blues in September 2016. In November 2016, Reese became a sponsored artist with PRS Guitars.
|Because I Can||Album||2011|
|Simply to Choose feat. Kimberley Dahme||Single||2013|
|Life in 20||Album||2014|
- "Tyler Reese: "Reminiscence" – a glorious panorama of Jazz Fusion sound". Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Studied Performance, Jazz Guitar at the Berklee College of Music". Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Reminiscence lively, innovative, and rewarding Jazz Fusion". Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Meet Elisa Fiorillo Dease & Tyler Reese". Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "The Chicken by Tyler Reese Incredible Guitar". Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Official Nomination Hollywood Music in Media Awards - Jazz" (PDF). Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Official Nomination Hollywood Music in Media Awards - Producer/Production" (PDF). Retrieved 12 December 2016.
- "Billboard Chart History -Reminiscence by Tyler Reese". Billboard. Retrieved 12 December 2016.