Shields in December 2011
April 29, 1982 |
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Occupation||Photographer, screenwriter, director, inline skater|
Tyler Shields has made several recent series of photographs. In January 2016, Vanity Fair featured some of Shields' photographs of Colton Haynes and Emily Bett. Shields' series "Historical Fiction"  featured a black man hanging a KKK member  The series covered events as the deaths of James Dean, John F Kennedy, Dr Martin Luther King and Marilyn Monroe, the first men on the moon and the break up of The Beatles  In his series "Provocateur"  he had an alligator biting a crocodile bag  Another photograph from this series "Three Witches" was included as part of the Sotheby's auction in London  And his photograph "Bunny" was featured in the Phillip's London auction 
Tyler Shields has written two books of photography. His first photography book "The Dirty Side of Glamour" was released in November 2013 and published by Harper Collins' subsidiary Dey Street Books. His second book "Provocateur" will be published Fall 2016.
Shields' work often involves images of violence and danger. He collected blood from 20 celebrities to make a piece of art for his Life Is Not a Fairytale exhibit in Los Angeles and also photographed Lindsay Lohan as a vampire for that exhibit. In 2010, Shields photographed Lohan in studio portraits brandishing a gun. Shields was criticized for a photoshoot with Glee star Heather Morris with a bruised eye as making light of abusive treatment of women. Shields later apologized after receiving death threats, saying, "If you are anti-domestic abuse spread the word about it. Threatening to kill me is not going to help anything."
On December 15, 2014, Shields' script The Wild Ones was featured in the Black List, an annual list of the most well-liked unproduced screenplays. Shields directed the 2015 action thriller film Final Girl which starred Abigail Breslin.
- Final Girl (2015) - Director
- Jacopo Nuvolari. "Chromatic by Tyler Shields". 1883 Magazine. GlamStyle. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Ashley Lee (8 August 2012). "Tyler Shields Talks Debut Photo Book 'The Dirty Side of Glamour' (Exclusive Image)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Francesca Eastwood & Tyler Shields". The Daily Truffle. May 20, 2012. Retrieved June 30, 2016.
- Clark, Ryan F. (January 11, 2003). "Hawk Still Stoked Over Tricks Of Trade". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved June 11, 2012.
- "The 1999 ASA Pro Tour jams N2 Ontario CA". N2inline.Com. June 3, 1999. Retrieved June 11, 2012.
- Tomalin, Terry (May 19, 2000). "Edgy sport keeps generation in-line". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved June 11, 2012.
- Rich, Katey (January 14, 2016). "Exclusive: Colton Haynes Dons Drag with Emily Bett Rickards". www.vanityfair.com. Vanity Fair (magazine). Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- "shields tyler 'three witches' 2014 - fashion - sotheby's l16780lot8zydzen".
- "PHILLIPS : UK040215, TYLER-SHIELDS".
- Lee, Ashley (August 2, 2012). "TYLER SHIELDS TALKS DEBUT PHOTO BOOK 'THE DIRTY SIDE OF GLAMOUR' (EXCLUSIVE IMAGE)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- Shields, Tyler. "Provocateur: Photographs". amazon.com. Glitterati. Retrieved June 24, 2016.
- Lina Lecaro (10 November 2011). "Tyler Shields: Warhol or Wannabe?". LAWeekly. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Shields collects stars' blood for artwork Star (magazine) April 7, 2011
- Lindsay poses as vampire in new Tyler Shields’ exhibit Tuesday, Daily Times May 10, 2011
- Oh, Eunice (2010-04-29). "PHOTO: Lindsay Lohan with Gun to Her Mouth". People.com. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- Ellie Krupnick (2 September 2011). "Heather Morris Poses For Domestic Abuse-Themed Shoot (PHOTOS)". Huffington Post. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Andrea Magrath and Marcus Barnes (5 September 2011). "Photographer behind emotive pictures of Glee star Heather Morris issues an apology after he receives 'death threats'". DailyMail. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Jagernauth, Kevin (December 15, 2014). "Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Daniel Radcliffe, Rian Johnson & More Announce 2014 Black List, Plus Full Ranking Of Scripts". Indiewire. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Tyler Shields The Wild Ones Nov 18th, 2014
- "Witness a Final Girl in Training - Dread Central". 4 August 2015.