Tyler Young (racing driver)
Young in 2014
|Born||Tyler Randall Young|
July 15, 1990
|NASCAR Xfinity Series career|
|2 races run over 2 years|
|Best finish||108th (2015)|
|First race||2015 Kentucky 300 (Kentucky)|
|Last race||2016 American Ethanol E15 250 (Iowa)|
|NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series career|
|80 races run over 7 years|
|Best finish||13th (2014, 2015)|
|First race||2012 Good Sam Road Side Assistance Carolina 200 (Rockingham)|
|Last race||2018 JAG Metals 350 (Texas)|
|Statistics current as of November 2, 2018.|
Tyler Randall Young (born July 15, 1990) is an American professional stock car racing driver. He last competed part-time in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, driving the Nos. 12 and 20 Chevrolet Silverados for Young's Motorsports.
When he was 12, Young started racing in the International Karting Federation, winning a championship in 2004. Afterwards, he ran races in Hobby Stocks, Sport Modifieds and Modifieds, moving to Mooresville, North Carolina in 2008 to continue his career. That year, he began competing in the Hooters Pro Cup Series, finishing 27th in his debut at South Boston Speedway.
Camping World Truck Series
In 2012, Young and family-owned Young's Motorsports made their debuts in the Camping World Truck Series at Rockingham Speedway with the No. 02 Chevrolet Silverado. After starting 26th, he finished 28th. He made three more starts in the season, with a best finish of 20th at Bristol Motor Speedway. The following year, he made seven starts, with a best finish of 19th at Texas Motor Speedway.
In 2014, Young ran the full Truck schedule for Young's. He recorded a best finish of 11th at Chicagoland Speedway. The following year, he recorded his first career top ten at Dover International Speedway, followed by another tenth-place finish at Talladega Superspeedway.
In 2015, Young collected two top tens and finished 13th in the standings.
In 2016, Young ran 14 races and finishing 19th in the standings.
On July 10, 2015, Young made his Xfinity Series debut at Kentucky Speedway, driving the No. 90 Chevrolet Camaro for SS-Green Light Racing. Qualifying was rained out, forcing him to start 31st, and he battled a loose car to finish 28th.
Motorsports career results
(key) (Bold – Pole position awarded by qualifying time. Italics – Pole position earned by points standings or practice time. * – Most laps led.)
|NASCAR Xfinity Series results|
|2015||SS-Green Light Racing||90||Chevy||DAY||ATL||LVS||PHO||CAL||TEX||BRI||RCH||TAL||IOW||CLT||DOV||MCH||CHI||DAY||KEN
Camping World Truck Series
* Season still in progress
1 Ineligible for series points
- "Tyler Young Set For XFINITY Debut". National Speed Sport News. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "2008 Miller Lite 250". Racing-Reference. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "Tyler Young Ready for Rockingham NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race This Weekend". Young's Motorsports. April 11, 2013. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- "TYLER YOUNG HAS FULL-TIME TRUCK SERIES SLATE". NASCAR. January 28, 2014. Retrieved January 29, 2016.
- "TYLER YOUNG SETS 2015 TRUCK SERIES PLANS". NASCAR. January 22, 2015. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Strong Effort Earns Tyler Young And Team First Career Top-10 Finish At Dover International Speedway". Catchfence. May 30, 2015. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- Wilson, Steven B. (October 25, 2015). "Talladega top 10 brings a boost of confidence for Tyler Young". Speedway Digest. Retrieved February 5, 2016.
- "Tyler Young XFINITY Series Debut Recap". Young's Motorsports. Retrieved January 28, 2016.[permanent dead link]