|Full name||Tylorstown Rugby Football Club|
|Coach(es)||David Hefford, Mark Davies, Mark Kelland Michael Ward (Youth), Christopher Matthews (Youth) John Lewis (2nds) Dean lloyd (2nds)|
|League(s)||Three A South East Central|
|2017 - 2018||Champions WRU Division Three B South East Central|
It is believed that rugby was played in Tylorstown from 1895, but it was not until 1903 that the club played under the name Tylorstown RFC. The first written publication of Tylorstown RFC playing was a match report in the Western Mail on 27 February 1905, in which the team played and lost against local Rhondda team, Llwynypia. Tylostown RFC applied for and gained membership of the Welsh Rugby Union in 1937. The club has disbanded twice in their history, during both World Wars.
The team's nickname, the Tigers, comes from their team strip which is amber and black hoops. In the 2013-2014 season, the under 15s team wore a tiger print kit on their tour of the Netherlands.
Notable former players
- WRU Division Three South East 2009/10 - Champions
- WRU Division Three B South East Central 2017/18 - Champions
- BBC News (2004-07-08). "Wales' regional rugby map". BBC. Retrieved 2008-05-31.
- Fields of Praise, The Official History of the Welsh Rugby Union 1881-1981, pp463 David Smith, Gareth Williams (1980)
- Fields of Praise, The Official History of the Welsh Rugby Union 1881-1981, pp473 David Smith, Gareth Williams (1980)
|This Welsh rugby union team article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|