Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up tympanum or timpanum in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tympanum may refer to:
- Tympanum (architecture), an architectural element located within the arch or pediment
- Tympanum (anatomy), a hearing organ/gland in frogs and toads, a flat red oval on both sides of a frog's head
- Tympanum, in biology, the eardrum
- Tympanum, or tympanal organ, a hearing organ in insects
- Tympanum (hand drum), a percussion instrument in ancient Greece and Rome
- Timpano, in music, singular of timpani, a kettledrum
- Sakia or saqiya, in Latin "tympanum", a water-raising device
- Larnaca Tympanum, a medieval sculpture
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tympanum.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.