Dolmen D6 near Tynaarlo
Location in Drenthe
|Established||1 January 1998|
|Renamed||1 January 2000|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Marcel Thijsen|
|• Total||147.70 km2 (57.03 sq mi)|
|• Land||143.50 km2 (55.41 sq mi)|
|• Water||4.20 km2 (1.62 sq mi)|
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||227/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postcode||Parts of 9000 range|
|Area code||050, 0592, 0598|
Tynaarlo ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality in the northeastern Netherlands. Though located in the province of Drenthe, many of its communities serve as suburbs of the neighbouring city of Groningen, capital of the province of the same name.
Dutch topographic map of the municipality of Tynaarlo, June 2015
Town of Tynaarlo
The town of Tynaarlo is a part of the municipality and lies about 9 km (5.6 mi) north of Assen. It is situated between the three largest villages of the municipality: Zuidlaren, Eelde and Vries. Tynaarlo is located close to the motorway A28, which is a connection to the south and the west of the country.
In 2001, the town of Tynaarlo had 1009 inhabitants. The built-up area of the town was 0.29 km2 (0.11 sq mi), and contained 427 residences. The statistical district "Tynaarlo", which also can include the surrounding countryside, has a population of around 1920.
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 1998" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 1998]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Gemeentelijke indeling op 1 januari 2000" [Municipal divisions on 1 January 2000]. cbs.nl (in Dutch). CBS. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Dhr. P. Adema" [Mr. P. Adema] (in Dutch). Gemeente Tynaarlo. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 9481AW". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Bevolkingskernen in Nederland 2001. (Statistics are for the continuous built-up area).
- Statistics Netherlands (CBS), Statline: Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2003-2005. As of 1 January 2005.
||Groningen (GR), Haren (GR)||Hoogezand-Sappemeer (GR)|
|Assen||Aa en Hunze|