|Nicola Wolfram (CEO), Thorsten Trapp (Cofounder, CTO)|
|Products||Messaging, Voice, Phone Numbers, Number Information Services, Operator Services|
Number of employees
Tyntec (or tyntec, as spelled by the company) is a global application-to-person messaging operator, cloud communications provider, and a US Inter-Carrier Vendor incorporated in London, UK. Its main offices are in Munich and Dortmund, Germany. It operates offices in Singapore, San Francisco and Dallas, USA. Its core competency is to enable the easy integration of three key telco services: SMS, voice and mobile numbers.
Tyntec was founded by entrepreneurs Dr. Ralph Eric Kunz and Thorsten Trapp in 2002. In 2017, it has regrouped its regional operations, tyntec Limited in the UK, tyntec GmbH in Germany, tyntec Inc. in the US, and tyntec Pte Ltd in Singapore, under a new holding company, the tyntec Group Limited, based in London.
In June 2008, Tyntec founders sold a minority share of the company to HarbourVest, an independent global alternative investment firm. In December 2010, Tyntec received investment from Iris Capital, a pan-European growth fund specializing in technology, media and telecommunications. In 2016, the management of Tyntec has acquired the company from HarbourVest Partners and Iris Capital, backed by Cipio Partners, a Germany-based private equity firm.
Tyntec has built and developed a scalable proprietary patent-protected technology infrastructure that is installed at the operator level, which gives it direct operator-level connectivity to the GSM network.
The signal routing and delivery platform, housed in the technical operations center in Dortmund, is the core of Tyntec's messaging platform. It is designed to be scalable and to handle high volumes of traffic without service degradation. It also provides several interfaces, which are available across all networks.
Tyntec's direct access into the global mobile network through its agreements with operators means that the company can directly reach the subscribers' handset. This is particularly important in crisis situations when networks are often overloaded or go down.
In 2010, Tyntec was awarded the Red Herring 100 Europe Award. In 2011 it was awarded the Red Herring Global 100 Award for its tt.One solution. In the same year it also won the Internet Telephony Product of the Year Award.
- tyntec.com, Products
- "tyntec Extends Leadership in Cloud Communications with New Inter-Carrier Messaging Service". PR Newswire. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- Crunchbase entry, Crunchbase
- Silicon Valley's assault on Mobile's Gated Kingdom, The Register, February 28, 2012
- "tyntec Announces Financial Investment and New Corporate Structure Aimed at Accelerating New Product Introductions". realwire. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- Iris Capital invests in Tyntec, Entrepreneur Country, December 14, 2010
- "Iris Capital exits messaging provider Tyntec". Closing Circle. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "Virtual PBX Firm tyntec Lands New Investment". Virtual PBX. Retrieved 3 May 2017.
- Global Warning System (GWS) selects Tyntec For International Safety Alerts, MobilityTechzone, October 29, 2012
- Tyntec Awards, Awards 2010 and 2011