|Developer(s)||Agat Films & Cie – Ex Nihilo|
PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4
Type:Rider is a video game developed by Agat Films & Cie – Ex Nihilo and published by Bulkypix and Arte. It was released in for Microsoft Windows, Android, and iOS in 2013, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in 2016, and for Nintendo Switch in April 2019.
The game won the award for Artistic Consistency at the 2013 European Indie Game Days.
The colon can roll and jump in order to collect letters from each of the ten fonts as well as collectables such as asterisks and ampersands. Each era features pieces of arts that characterised them as well as its own soundtrack.
Eurogamer awarded the game with a score of 8 out of 10, praising how it manages to offer a combination of the style of Limbo and the challenges of the Trials' series while also providing a framework for educating the player about the history of typography. Pocket Gamer gave the game a score of 3.5/5, commenting positively on the originality of the settings, but reporting the presence of a "few niggling problems".
Despite having identified a few technical-related issues, TouchArcade described Type:Rider as a "intricately-designed masterpiece".
- Lane, Gavin (4 April 2019). "Homo Machina, Type:Rider And Vandals Arrive On Switch This Month". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Type:Rider". Bridgeman Images. Archived from the original on 29 July 2019. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Plummer, Libby (27 April 2017). "This month's free games for PlayStation Plus". Wired. ISSN 1357-0978. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Slater, Harry (10 October 2013). "Type:Rider". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Janes, Ryan (9 May 2019). "Type:Rider Review". Nintendo Insider. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Fahey, Mike. "You Never Realized Fonts Could Be This Exciting". Kotaku. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Type:Rider (iOS)". Metacritic. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- "Type:Rider (Switch)". Metacritic. Retrieved October 14, 2017.
- Whitehead, Dan (19 November 2013). "Type:Rider review". Eurogamer. Retrieved 29 July 2019.
- Musgrave, Shaun (13 October 2013). "'Type:Rider' Review - Twitchy And Glitchy, But A Must Play Anyway". TouchArcade. Retrieved 29 July 2019.