(Redirected from Type (command))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up type in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Type may refer to:
Science and technology
- Typing, producing text via a keyboard, typewriter, etc.
- Data type, collection of values used for computations.
- File type
- TYPE (DOS command), a command to display contents of a file.
- Type (Unix), a command in POSIX shells that gives information about commands.
- Type safety, the extent to which a programming language discourages or prevents type errors.
- Type system, defines a programming language's response to data types.
- Type (model theory)
- Type theory, basis for the study of type systems
- Arity or type, the number of operands a function takes
- Type, any proposition or set in the intuitionistic type theory
- Type, of an entire function
- Type (biology), which fixes a scientific name to a taxon
- Dog type, categorization by use or function of domestic dogs
- Type (acting), a way of characterizing an actor by the sort of role they are well-suited for or fit into easily, or by their performance style
- Type & antitype, in Typology, in Christian theology and Biblical exegesis
- "Type" (song), a 1990 song by the band Living Colour
- Type (designation), a model numbering system used for vehicles or military equipment
- Type Museum, museum about the above
- Architectural type, classification of architecture by functional types (houses, institutions), morphological types or historical types Architectural style subcategories
- U.S. Navy type commands, senior commands for the specific "type" of weapon system (i.e., naval aviation, submarine warfare, surface warships) employed
- Type of Constans, a 648 edict issued by Byzantine Emperor Constans II
- Type (metaphysics), in philosophy
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Type.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.