Type 071 amphibious transport dock
Type 071 amphibious transport dock ship Changbai Shan (989)
|Operators:||People's Liberation Army Navy Surface Force|
|Type:||Amphibious transport dock|
|Displacement:||25,000 tons full load.|
|Length:||210 m (689 ft 0 in)|
|Beam:||28 m (91 ft 10 in)|
|Draft:||7 m (23 ft 0 in)|
|Speed:||25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph)|
|Range:||10,000 nmi (19,000 km) at 18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph)|
|Boats & landing
|Capacity:||15–20 armoured vehicles|
|Aircraft carried:||4 Z-8 Super Frelon|
The Type 071 (Yuzhao class) are amphibious warfare ships of the People's Republic of China's People's Liberation Army Navy. They are built by the Shanghai-based Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard and first entered service in late 2007.
The Type 071 has a capacity of one marine battalion, including 500–800 troops, and 15–20 amphibious armoured vehicles. Troops and equipment can be deployed over longer distances and to more difficult terrain by hovercraft and helicopters. The well deck can hold four Type 726 Yuyi class LCAC.
The Type 071 may operate as the flagship of a task force. As with similar ships, it may also conduct humanitarian and civilian evacuation missions in addition to amphibious landings.
The China State Shipbuilding and Trading Corp. consortium offered to build a modified Type 071 for the Royal Malaysian Navy. The Malaysians had a requirement for a 13,000-ton LPD; the Type 071 would cost a third of the similar US-built San Antonio-class LPD.
Reports that Egypt will purchase the Type 071 amphibious transport dock ship.
Ships of the class
|This section does not cite any sources. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1||998||昆仑山 / Kunlun Shan||Hudong||21 December 2006||13 November 2007||South Sea Fleet||Active|
|2||999||井冈山 / Jinggang Shan||Hudong||16 November 2010||30 October 2011||South Sea Fleet||Active|
|3||989||长白山 / Changbai Shan||Hudong||25 September 2011||23 September 2012||South Sea Fleet||Active|
|4||988||沂蒙山/Yimeng Shan||Hudong||22 January 2015||1 February 2016||East Sea Fleet||Active|
|5||978||泰山/Tai Shan||Hudong||East Sea Fleet||Under construction|
|6||979||唐古拉山/Tanggula Shan||Hudong||East Sea Fleet||Planned|
- "Chinese Amphibious Type 071 Class Landing Platform Dock". May 2, 2013.
- "Type 071 Landing Platform Dock". globalsecurity.com. 11 June 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "An Update on the Yuyi class LCAC". China Defense Blog. 2 April 2010. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Egypt will purchase the Type 071 amphibious transport dock ship". Military.China.com. 2 November 2015.
- delvestudio (19 September 2015). "不声不响海试了：海军第4艘071登陆舰建成出海(secondary sources, with other person's photographs)" (in Chinese). 新浪图片. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- "中国第4艘071型登陆舰将于2月1日服役部署东海(secondary sources, by anonymous author)" (in Chinese). 新浪军事. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- 王朋飞 SN195, ed. (26 January 2016). "第4艘071级坞登舰2月1日入列东海舰队(secondary sources, with other person's photographs)" (in Chinese). 新浪图片. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- 王静宇 SN194, ed. (22 January 2017). "何时造小平顶？中国第五艘在建071登陆舰曝光(secondary sources, with other person's photographs)" (in Chinese). 新浪图片. Retrieved 7 March 2017.