Type 071 amphibious transport dock
Type 071 amphibious transport dock ship Changbai Shan (989)
|Operators:||People's Liberation Army Navy Surface Force|
|Type:||Amphibious transport dock|
|Displacement:||25,000 tons full load.|
|Length:||210 m (689 ft 0 in)|
|Beam:||28 m (91 ft 10 in)|
|Draft:||7 m (23 ft 0 in)|
|Speed:||25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph)|
|Range:||10,000 nmi (19,000 km) at 18 knots (33 km/h; 21 mph)|
|Boats & landing
|Capacity:||15-20 armoured vehicles|
|Aircraft carried:||4 Z-8 Super Frelon|
The Type 071 (Yuzhao-class) are amphibious warfare ships of the People's Republic of China's People's Liberation Army Navy. They are built by the Shanghai-based Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard and first entered service in late-2007.
The Type 071 has a capacity of one marine battalion, including 500-800 troops, and 15-20 amphibious armoured vehicles. Troops and equipment may be deployed to over longer distances and to more difficult terrain by hovercraft and helicopters. The well deck may hold four Type 726 Yuyi class LCAC.
The Type 071 may operate as the flagship of a task force. As with similar ships, it may also conduct humanitarian and civilian evacuation missions in addition to amphibious landings.
The China State Shipbuilding and Trading Corp. consortium offered to build a modified Type 071 for the Royal Malaysian Navy. The Malaysians had a requirement for a 13,000 ton LPD; the Type 071 would cost a third of the similar US-built San Antonio-class LPD.
Reports that Egypt will purchase the Type 071 amphibious transport dock ship. 
Ships of the class
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2015)|
|1||998||昆仑山 / Kunlun Shan||Hudong||21 December 2006||13 November 2007||South Sea Fleet||Active.|
|2||999||井冈山 / Jinggang Shan||Hudong||16 November 2010||30 October 2011||South Sea Fleet||Active.|
|3||989||长白山 / Changbai Shan||Hudong||25 September 2011||23 September 2012||South Sea Fleet||Active.|
|4||988||沂蒙山/Yimeng Shan||Hudong||22 January 2015||1 February 2016||East Sea Fleet||Active|
|5||978||泰山/Tai Shan||Hudong||East Sea Fleet||Under construction|
|6||979||唐古拉山/Tanggula Shan||Hudong||East Sea Fleet||Planned|
- "Chinese Amphibious Type 071 Class Landing Platform Dock". May 2, 2013.
- "Type 071 Landing Platform Dock". globalsecurity.com. 11 June 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "An Update on the Yuyi class LCAC". China Defense Blog. 2 April 2010. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- "Egypt will purchase the Type 071 amphibious transport dock ship". Military.China.com. 2 November 2015.
- Type 071 Landing Platform Dock
- IDEX 2007 Showcases China’s Productive Weapons Sector
- PLA idag (Swedish)
- Chinese Defense Today
- Indian Defence Update : Spotlight On PLA Navy's New LPD and LHD
- Type 071 Yuzhao class Amphibious Transport Dock (LPD)