Tropical Storm Gay
(Redirected from Typhoon Gay (disambiguation))
Tropical Storm Gay may refer to the following:
The name Gay has been used for five tropical cyclones in the northwest Pacific Ocean:
- Typhoon Gay (1981) (T8124, 24W, Walding), a Category 2 typhoon that weakened to a Category 1 before brushing the eastern coast of Japan
- Typhoon Gay (1985) (T8503, 03W, Bining), a Category 3 Typhoon that remained well off the coast of Japan
- Tropical Storm Gay (1988) (T8816, 13W), a minimal Tropical Storm that stayed well out to sea
- Typhoon Gay (1989) (T8929, 32W), a Severe Tropical Cyclone that struck Thailand then crossed into the Indian Ocean Basin becoming a Category 5 Cyclone before striking India
- Typhoon Gay (1992) (T9230, 31W), a Category 5 Super Typhoon that peaked at 190 mph (310 km/h), which made it the strongest Western Pacific Basin storm since 1979
The name Gay has also been used for one tropical cyclone in the southwest Pacific Ocean:
|This article includes a list of named storms that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended storm article.