This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
TypingWeb Typing Tutor
Type of site
|Online Typing Tutor|
|Created by||FTW Innovations|
|Alexa rank||24,591 (April 2014[update])|
|Registration||Free For Individuals|
TypingWeb, stylized as typingweb, is a free typing tutor run directly from a user's web browser and is compatible with all modern browsers. Users are taken from the basics of typing, such as home row keys, to more advanced facets such as problem keys, speed drills, and techniques to reduce strain that causes Carpal Tunnel syndrome.
TypingWeb is an online typing test and typing tutor developed for all ages. TypingWeb allows users to type current news headlines, classic literature, and play typing-related games, in an effort to make typing engaging for the user. TypingWeb is free to the user, requires no downloads or installation, and is run directly through a user's web browser. TypingWeb also offers a downloadable client, and an iPhone typing tutor.
TypingWeb.com was founded in 2000 as a free web application aimed at teaching individuals to learn to type from the ground up. In 2002, TypingWeb became a pay-per-license web application, no longer offering free accounts. In 2005, TypingWeb started offering packages for schools and corporations to teach students and employees to type in an easy to manage group admin environment. In October 2007, TypingWeb went completely free to individual users, following the increasing trend of free online applications. In September 25, 2014, in the blog, there was a post that stated that typingweb.com will be changed to "typing.com." On January 14, 2015, another post states that the address was fully changed to "typing.com," and typingweb.com redirects to typing.com, blog stated it was easier to remember, and following in July 1, 2015, another blog post, states that the "full build" of Typing.com is available to all.
- Typing Courses – Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced groups are typing courses to be used depending on users' skill level and goals.
- Specialty Lessons – Classic literature, comedy, and other specialty lessons are included to keep typing engaging.
- News Headline Exercises – Users can learn to type by typing current news headlines. These exercises are updated daily. Users can also opt to have lessons emailed daily.
- Problem Keys Exercises – As the users work their way through the lessons, TypingWeb tracks their mistakes and learns their most problematic keys. Once enough keys are known, the user can access a custom built lesson to work those extra tough letters.
- Typing Test – TypingWeb has a Typing Test that users can take repeatedly to track their progress over time. Once the test has been taken twice, the progress will be charted. Users can take this test any number of times. However, only the last ten scores will be shown on this mini-graph.
- Typing Certificate – Once users have completed the Typing Test five or more times a new button will appear below the mini-graph allowing them to access a printable Typing Certificate. Certificates are in Adobe Acrobat format. Statistics are the average of a user's last five Typing Test scores.
- Typing Games - TypingWeb has twelve different games that are parodies of other games, such as Keyboard Ninja (Fruit Ninja from Halfbrick), Type-a-Balloon (Bloons from NinjaKiwi and Mochigames) and Type Revolution (DJMax Mobile/Tap Sonic from Freezm/Neowiz Internet, Dance Contest from Disney, etc.). As an addition the page including the games has a direct link to their other product, Nitro Type. It also has another direct link to the sister product, Fun To Type.
- "Typingweb.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "TypingWeb Gains Safari Compatibility". The Unofficial Apple Weblog. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "TypingWeb Download". FTW Innovations. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "TypingWeb iPhone Typing Tutor". Apple WebApps. Retrieved 2008-05-20.
- "TypingWeb, the Leading Online Typing Tutor, Now Completely Free to Individuals". PRWeb. Retrieved 2008-05-20.