Tyrell Burgess playing for Vancouver Whitecaps
|Full name||Tyrell Allan Burgess|
|Date of birth||March 5, 1986|
|Place of birth||Smith's Parish, Bermuda|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|North Village Rams|
|2006||Rhode Island Anchormen|
|2007–2008||Lynn Fighting Knights|
|2010||North Village Rams||1||(0)|
|2010–2012||North Village Rams|
|2013–||North Village Rams|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of July 1, 2012|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of January 31, 2017
College and amateur
Born in Smith's Parish, Burgess began his career at North Village CC, before moving from his native Bermuda to Wilbraham, Massachusetts when he was 16 to attend the Wilbraham & Monson Academy. He played college soccer at NCAA Division III Rhode Island College in 2006, helping the Anchormen to an Eastern College Athletic Conference New England title with four goals and five assists in 18 matches. He transferred to Lynn University in 2007, where he was named to the NCAA Division II All-Sunshine State Conference (SSC) First Team as a senior. In total, Burgess tallied 14 goals and added 14 assists in 53 games for Lynn.
During his college years Burgess also played for Reading Rage in the USL Premier Development League, helping the team capture the 2008 Mid Atlantic Division regular season title, as well as the Eastern Conference playoff title.
Burgess joined the Vancouver Whitecaps FC of the USL First Division on January 30, 2009, after impressing during an open player combine held in Palmyra, Pennsylvania in December 2008. Burgess played in 23 games and scored one goal in his debut season, before being released by the Whitecaps on November 27, 2009.
In June 2010, Burgess was invited to spend a trial period with English Conference National side Gateshead. Burgess wasn't offered a contract by Gateshead, despite scoring the winner in a pre-season friendly against Harrogate Town.
Burgess is a full member of Bermuda national football team and has represented his country in 12 FIFA World Cup qualification matches. He scored his first goal for the senior side in a 1-1 draw with the Cayman Islands during 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying game on March 30, 2008. Burgess has also played for Bermuda’s U-17 and U-20 national teams.
|1.||3 February 2008||Bermuda National Stadium, Devonshire Parish, Bermuda||Cayman Islands||2010 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||11 September 2012||Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince, Haiti||Saint Martin||2012 Caribbean Cup qualification|||
|6.||15 July 2013||Bermuda National Stadium, Devonshire Parish, Bermuda||Falkland Islands||2013 Island Games|||
|7.||29 March 2015||Bermuda National Stadium, Devonshire Parish, Bermuda||Bahamas||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- Athletics, Lynn University, Boca Raton, Fla. - Tyrell Burgess Player Profile on www.lynn.edu
- Whitecaps add Burgess and Diego on www.whitecapsfc.com
- Whitecaps Release Burgess And Versailles - OurSports Central
- Ex-pro Burgess joins Hogges
- Bermuda midfielder Tyrell Burgess gets Gateshead trial
- Harrogate Town 1-2 Gateshead Archived 2012-09-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- Tyrell Burgess – FIFA competition record
- FIFA Match Report: Bermuda vs Cayman Islands
- Tyrell Burgess Signs with Vancouver Whitecaps on www.lynn.edu
- Burgess helps Bermuda rout St Martin - Royal Gazette
- "Bermuda vs. Falkland Islands". National Football Teams. Retrieved 31 January 2017.