From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Tirol, Tyrol, Tyrolese, or tirolese in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tyrol or Tirol is a historical region in the Eastern Alps, in Western Austria and Northern Italy.
Tyrol may also refer to :
Places and geographical entities
- Tyrol (state), a state in Western Austria
- South Tyrol (Alto Adige), a province of Northern Italy
- Tirol, South Tyrol, a municipality in South Tyrol
- Tyrol–South Tyrol–Trentino Euroregion, a European Union designated entity comprising the whole border region
- History of Tyrol
- County of Tyrol, a former political entity in existence until the early 20th century comprising territory in the Italian region of Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol and the Austrian state of Tyrol
- German Tyrol, the German-speaking area of the old County of Tyrol
- Tirol, a village in Doclin Commune, Caraş-Severin County, Romania
- Tyrol Basin, a ski and snowboard area located in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
- Tyrolia, a brand of ski bindings, now part of the Head company
- Galen Tyrol, a fictional character from the re-imagined miniseries and television series Battlestar Galactica
- Tirol (fictional planet), the homeworld of the Robotech Masters in the anime series Robotech
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tyrol.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.