January 31, 1976 |
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school||Cairo (Cairo, Illinois)|
|NBA draft||1998 / Undrafted|
|1998–1999||Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|1999–2000||Los Angeles Clippers|
|2004–2005||Lietuvos rytas Vilnius|
|2006–2007||Las Vegas Venom|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NBA statistics|
|Points||2,431 (9.5 ppg)|
|Rebounds||941 (3.7 rpg)|
|Assists||370 (1.5 apg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Tyrone Lamont Nesby (born January 31, 1976) is an American retired professional basketball player.
Nesby went to Cairo High School in Cairo, Illinois. He played collegiately at Vincennes University (1994–1996), and at UNLV (1996–1998). After being undrafted in the 1998 NBA draft, Nesby started his career by signing with Sioux Falls Skyforce of the Continental Basketball Association (CBA). He was asked to join the Los Angeles Clippers' training camp after playing successfully in the CBA, and later signed with them, where he averaged 10.1 points per game in his rookie season. He played two years with the Clippers before being traded to the Washington Wizards during the 2000–01 season until the end of the 2001–02 season. After his stint in the NBA he went to Europe, where he played for Olympia Larissa, Metis Varese, Reflex Belgrade, and Lietuvos rytas Vilnius. Nesby finished his career by playing for the Las Vegas Venom of the American Basketball Association (ABA).
- "Clippers Re-Sign Nesby". CBS News. August 9, 1999. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- White, Lonnie (August 10, 1999). "Clippers Quickly Retain Nesby by Matching the Spurs' Offer". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- White, Lonnie (November 29, 2000). "Clippers Ease Jam by Trading Nesby". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 6, 2016.
- Tyrone Nesby at legabasket.it
- NBA.com: Tyrone Nesby Player Info
- Tyrone Nesby NBA & ABA Statistics at Basketball-Reference.com
|This biographical article relating to a United States basketball player, coach, or other figure born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|