Tyrone Township, Perry County, Pennsylvania
Map of Perry County, Pennsylvania highlighting Tyrone Township
Map of Perry County, Pennsylvania
|• Total||35.88 sq mi (92.92 km2)|
|• Land||35.67 sq mi (92.38 km2)|
|• Water||0.21 sq mi (0.54 km2)|
|• Estimate (2016)||2,120|
|• Density||59.43/sq mi (22.95/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Tyrone Township is a township in Perry County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,124 at the 2010 census. The principal communities in the township are the villages of Green Park, Pennsylvania and Loysville. The township surrounds the borough of Landisburg.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.8 square miles (92.6 km²), of which, 35.8 square miles (92.6 km²) of it is land and 0.03% is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,863 people, 726 households, and 537 families residing in the township. The population density was 52.1 people per square mile (20.1/km²). There were 835 housing units at an average density of 23.4/sq mi (9.0/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.28% White, 0.43% African American, 0.11% Native American, 0.05% Pacific Islander, 0.16% from other races, and 0.97% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.91% of the population.
There were 726 households out of which 31.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.3% were married couples living together, 6.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.0% were non-families. 22.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 2.97.
In the township the population was spread out with 25.6% under the age of 18, 7.4% from 18 to 24, 27.9% from 25 to 44, 25.1% from 45 to 64, and 14.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 98.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $38,276, and the median income for a family was $43,750. Males had a median income of $31,475 versus $22,500 for females. The per capita income for the township was $17,202. About 6.5% of families and 9.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.4% of those under age 18 and 7.8% of those age 65 or over.
Government and infrastructure
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 14, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "2010 Population Finder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Johnson, Jeffrey A. "2 teens charged with assaulting staff members at detention center in Perry County " (Archive). Pennlive.com. Retrieved on December 15, 2015.