This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York City, New York|
|Publication types||Magazines, Books|
|No. of employees||700|
F+W, formerly F+W Publications and F+W Media, is a media and e-commerce company headquartered in New York City.
Founded in 1913, F+W publishes magazines, books, digital products including e-books and e-magazines, produces online video, offers online education, and owns and operates 21 e-stores, as well as consumer and trade shows.
The company grew though a series of acquisitions, including book publisher David & Charles, Krause Publications in 2002, Horticulture magazine, and Adams Media in 2003. The private equity firm ABRY Partners purchased F+W in 2005. On August 1, 2012 F+W Media acquired Interweave, an arts and crafts media company based in Loveland, Colorado. In 2014, F+W Media acquired New Track Media, renamed itself F+W, and was acquired by the private equity company Tinicum.
F+W Media is a special interest content provider and marketer of enthusiast magazines, books, conferences, trade shows, and interactive media properties.
F+W's special-interest categories include art, crafts, mixed media, writing, genealogy, antiques and collectibles, graphic design, hunting. In 2011 the Company entered the fiction market with the acquisition of Tyrus Books. In 2012, the company launched imprints in romance (Crimson Romance) and young adult fiction (Merit Press).
Publications are organized around some 20 community-based units, each of which focuses on a particular special interest category. The company also publishes about 600 new book titles annually, and has a library of some 4000 titles.
- Antique Trader
- Bank Note Reporter
- Burda Style USA (50%)
- Coins Magazine
- Coins Prices
- Deer & Deer Hunting
- Family Tree
- Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting
- Frame Building News
- Gun Digest
- Interweave Crochet
- Interweave Knits
- Knits Weekend
- Metal Roofing
- Military Trader
- Military Vehicles
- Numismatic News
- Old Cars Price Guide
- Old Cars Weekly
- Popular Woodworking
- Rural Builder
- Script Magazine
- Sky & Telescope
- Southwest Art
- Sports Collectors Digest
- The Artist's Magazine
- The Collector's Guide
- The Pastel Journal
- Tuff Stuff
- Trapper & Predator Caller
- Turkey & Turkey Hunting
- Watercolor Artist
- World Coin News
- Writer's Digest
- "F&W Publications Retains Veronis, Suhler & Associates to Explore Strategic Options". Business Wire. 1999. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- Baker, Don (2002). "F&W INC. TO ACQUIRE PUBLISHER KRAUSE". The Cincinnati Post. Cincinnati, OH. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- Newberry, Jon (2005). "F&W PUBLICATIONS NOW OWNED BY MEDIA GROUP". The Cincinnati Post. Cincinnati, OH. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "F+W Media Announces Acquisition of Interweave". Press Release. F+W Media. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- F+W Media Buys New Track Media
- F+W Media Undergoes Corporate Rebrand
- F+W Sells Majority Stake to Private Investment Firm Tinicum
- "Publishers Weekly". Publishers Weekly. 27 April 2011.
- "Digital Imprints Take Root". Publishers Weekly.
- "Publishers Weekly". Publishers Weekly. 8 May 2012.
- F+W Media Acquires Script Magazine from Final Draft Inc. - M and A and Finance @ FolioMag.com