Original cover of the first volume.
|Genre||Space opera, Science fiction|
|Written by||Yoshiki Tanaka|
|Illustrated by||Katsumi Michihara (Tokuma Shoten)
Haruhiko Mikimoto (Square Enix)
|Published by||Tokuma Shoten (former publisher)
Square Enix (current publisher)
|Original run||1988 – 1991|
|Written by||Yoshiki Tanaka|
|Magazine||Monthly Shōnen Sirius|
|Original run||March 2008 – December 2011|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Noboru Ishiguro|
|Written by||Ken'ichi Kanamaki|
|Original run||October 9, 2008 – March 26, 2009|
Tytania (Japanese: タイタニア Hepburn: Taitania) is a Japanese light novel series written by Yoshiki Tanaka. It has been adapted into an animated television series directed by Noboru Ishiguro. It premiered on NHK's BS-2 satellite channel on October 9, 2008. The series is a space opera based on a series of three books written by Tanaka between 1988 and 1991 about people who try to liberate the galaxy from the rule of the Tytania-clan and seek refuge with a rebel force.
In a future where mankind is scattered across the stars, the Empire of Valdana is under the control of the Tytania clan, which forged its influence through intimidation and economic might. In the year 446, Tytania dispatches a large fleet to seize a new piece of technology from the city-state of Euriya. Much to everyone's surprise, Euriya decides to resist and wins. Their isolated act of rebellion sets into motion a sequence of events that strains the careful alliances and treaties within the empire as various factions seek to exploit the situation to their own advantage. In the ensuing turmoil, ambitious members of the Tytania nobility begin moving against each other in an effort to settle old grievances and seize control of the clan. What started as an act of rebellion by Euriya, quickly expands into a civil war – with the wealth and power of the empire up for grabs to whoever is bold enough to seize it.
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: wrong Romaji (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Please kanji to this article, where needed.Japanese
- Ajman Tytania (アジュマーン・タイタニア Ajuman Taitania) Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
- The "Landless Lord" Ajman Tytania is the current head of the Tytania clan.
- Jouslain Tytania (ジュスラン・タイタニア Jyusuran Taitania) Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio
- Jouslain Tytania is one of the four dukes in line to succeed Ajman Tytania as the clan's next Landless Lord. His flagship is the Austra.
- Idris Tytania (イドリス・タイタニア Idorisu Taitania) Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Idris Tytania is the youngest of the four Dukes in line for succeeding as the head of the clan. His flagship is the Fire Phoenix.
- Ariabert Tytania (アリアバート・タイタニア Ariabato Taitania) Voiced by: Takashi_Kondō
- Ariabert Tytania is one of the four dukes in line to succeed Ajman Tytania as the head of the Tytania Clan. He commands the flagship Golden Sheep.
- Zarlisch Tytania (ザーリッシュ・タイタニア Zarisshu Taitania) Voiced by: Tora Take
- Zarlisch Tytania is one of the four dukes in line to succeed Ajman Tytania as the head of the Tytania Clan. Zarlisch's flagship name is the Typhoon.
- Lydia (リディア Ridia) Voiced by: Kaori Nazuka
- Lydia is the second princess of the Elbing Kingdom. She currently resides on Uraniborg under the custody of Jouslain Tytania.
- Fan Hyulick (ファン・ヒューリック Fan Hyûrikku) Voiced by: Katsuyuki Konishi
- Fan Hyulick is a former Admiral of Euria, who inflicted the first defeat to the Tytania clan in 200 years.
- Lira Florenz (リラ・フローレンツ Rira Furûrentsu) Voiced by: Sayuri Yahagi
- Lira Florenz is part of the resistance force on Emmental seeking to restore the Principality of Casabianca.
- Miranda Casimir (ミランダ・カシミール Miranda Kashimîru) Voiced by: Junko Minagawa
- Miranda is part of the resistance force and princess to the Principality of Casabianca.
This section needs expansion with: Critical reception. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
- "Tanaka's Tytania to be Animated for TV in October". Anime News Network. June 24, 2008. Retrieved July 17, 2008.