Branch with the Oakland Raiders
|No. 27 Arizona Cardinals|
|Date of birth:||December 11, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Syracuse, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Cicero – North Syracuse (NY)|
|NFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 4 / Pick: 100|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Tyvon A. Branch (born December 11, 1986) is an American football safety for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft and has also played for the Kansas City Chiefs. He played college football at Connecticut.
2008 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||204 lb||4.31 s||1.43 s||2.49 s||4.40 s||38 in||10 ft 0 in||19 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Branch was selected by the Raiders in the 4th round. The Raiders chose to draft Branch not only by his skills as a corner, but also his importance as a return specialist, due to the departure of all-time return leader Chris Carr.
During his rookie season on September 14, 2008, Branch intercepted Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard for his first career interception. Branch earned his first career start in the 2009 season opener on September 14 in a Monday night game against the San Diego Chargers, but was placed on season-ending injured reserve on November 5 with a shoulder injury.
He went on to have a breakout season for the Raiders in 2009 as the starting strong safety in all 16 games, finishing with 98 unassisted tackles and 26 assists, two forced fumbles, and a sack. He had his best game of the year in a win over the heavily favored Bengals with 12 tackles and a forced fumble. During the 2010 NFL season, he again started in all 16 games for an 8-8 team, recording 81 unassisted tackles and 23 assists.
In March 2012, the Raiders placed a franchise tag on Branch. On July 14, 2012, Branch signed a four-year, $26.6 million contract with the Raiders. On November 9, Branch was fined $15,750 for unnecessary roughness against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Kansas City Chiefs
On March 9, 2016, Branch signed a two-year contract with the Arizona Cardinals worth $8 million with $5 million guaranteed until 2018. He was placed on injured reserve on October 4, 2016 with a groin injury. He was activated off injured reserve on December 2, 2016 prior to Week 13. He was placed back on injured reserve on December 13, 2016 after re-injuring his groin.
- "Tyvon Branch | Defensive Back". rotoworld.com. July 14, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012.
- "Safety Tyvon Branch agrees to 4-year contract with Raiders". USAToday.com. July 15, 2012. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- "Fines roundup: Michael Vick of Eagles docked for low block". National Football League. 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- Rosenthal, Gregg. "Chiefs sign Tyvon Branch to one-year deal". NFL.com. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Jackson, Zac. "Cardinals sign Tyvon Branch to two-year deal". nbcsports.com. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Spotrac.com. "Tyvon Branch". Spotrac.com. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- Urban, Darren (October 4, 2016). "Chris Johnson, Tyvon Branch To IR; Butler Cut". AZCardinals.com.
- "Cardinals' Tyvon Branch: Officially activated from injured reserve". CBSSports.com. December 2, 2016.
- Urban, Darren (December 13, 2016). "Cardinals Switch Punters, Sign Scooby Wright". AZCardinals.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tyvon Branch.|