|Industry||Computer software, Computer hardware|
|Revenue||393.3 Million CHF (2018) |
Number of employees
|1020 (2018) |
u-blox is a Swiss company that creates wireless semiconductors and modules for consumer, automotive and industrial markets. They operate as a fabless IC and design house.
They acquired a dozen companies after their IPO in 2007, after acquiring connectblue in 2014 and Lesswire in 2015  they acquired Rigado's module business in 2019. In 2020, u-blox acquired Thingstream
u-blox was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Thalwil, Switzerland. The company is listed at the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX:UBXN) and has offices in the USA, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, India, Pakistan, Australia, Ireland, the UK, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Italy and Greece.
u-blox develops and sells chips and modules that support global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), including receivers for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou and QZSS. The wireless range consists of GSM-, UMTS- and CDMA2000 and LTE modules, as well as Bluetooth- and WiFi-modules. All these products enable the delivery of complete systems for location-based services and M2M applications (machine-to-machine communication) in the Internet of Things, that rely on the convergence of 2G/3G/4G, Bluetooth-, Wi-Fi technology and satellite navigation.
u-blox provides starter kits which allow quick prototyping of variety of applications for the Internet of Things.
- u-blox financial report
- u-blox annual report
- "u-blox acquires connectBlue; adds Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity" (PDF). www.connectblue.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- "u-blox acquires automotive short range modules business from Lesswire". u-blox. 2014-12-02. Retrieved 2021-04-09.
- u-blox acquired Rigado's Bluetooth Modules Business
- "Thingstream acquired by u-blox". Thingstream. Check
- "u-blox C027 | Mbed". os.mbed.com. Retrieved 2021-04-09.