U.S. Patent No. 1
|Players||3 to 6|
|Playing time||60 minutes|
Each player's goal is to assemble a complete time machine (four components required), and travel back to the day the U.S. Patent Office opened so as to secure the first patent issued for their efforts.
Cheapass Games no longer supports the game, but has made the complete game available for free download on their "Boulevard of Broken Games" page.
The game's cover art states that "But if you have a time machine, it doesn't really matter who invented it first. All that matters is who gets to the Patent Office first." However, prior to the 2011 America Invents Act, the United States was the sole country with a "first to invent" rule. Unfortunately, proving prior conception when time travel is involved may present difficulties to the inventor.
- "Origins Awards 2001". Rolemancer.
- "2001 List of Winners". Academy of Adventure Gaming, Arts & Design. Origins Game Fair.
- U.S. Patent No. 1 at Cheapass Games
- Free download of the game courtesy of Cheapass Games
- U.S. Patent No. 1 at Boardgamegeek
|This board game-related article or section is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|