United States Post Office (Powell, Wyoming)
US Post Office--Powell Main
Main entrance from Bent Street
|Location||270 N. Bent St., Powell, Wyoming|
|Architect||Louis A. Simon; Verona Burkhard|
|MPS||Historic US Post Offices in Wyoming, 1900--1941, TR|
|NRHP reference #||87000787|
|Added to NRHP||May 22, 1987|
The Powell Main Post Office in Powell, Wyoming was built in 1937 as part of a facilities improvement program by the United States Post Office Department. The post office in Powell was nominated to the National Register of Historic Places as part of a thematic study comprising twelve Wyoming post offices built to standardized USPO plans in the early twentieth century.
- National Park Service (2008-04-15). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Powell Main Post Office". National Register of Historic Places. Wyoming State Preservation Office. 2008-10-24.
- Park, Marlene and Gerald E. Markowitz, Democratic vistas: Post Offices and Public Art in the New Deal, Temple University Press, Philadelphia 1984 p. 233
- Photographs of the Powell Post Office at the National Park Service's NRHP database
- Powell Main Post Office at the Wyoming State Historic Preservation Office
|This article about a property in Wyoming on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|