U.S. Route 641
|Auxiliary route of US 41|
|Length:||177 mi (285 km)|
|South end:||US 64 near Clifton, TN|
US 412 at Parsons, TN
|North end:||US 60 / KY 91 at Marion, KY|
U.S. Route 641 (US 641) is a U.S. Route in Tennessee and Kentucky. It runs for 177 miles (285 km) from US 64 south of Clifton, Tennessee to an intersection with US 60 in Marion, Kentucky. While it is considered a spur route of U.S. Route 41, the two routes no longer connect.
US 641 begins at an interchange with US 64 south of Clifton. North of that city, it runs concurrently with SR 69. US 641 intersects US 412 in Parsons, I-40 near Holladay, and US 70 in Camden. In Paris, US 641 intersects US 79; it also separates from SR 69 and begins a concurrency with SR 54 that it maintains until the Kentucky state line.
US 641 enters Kentucky at Hazel and continues north to Murray, intersecting KY 80 just north of the city limit. Near Benton, a spur route (Spur US 641) provides access to I-69 (the Purchase Parkway) while the main route travels through the city. US 641 has a concurrency with US 62 beginning near Calvert City; the routes cross I-24 / I-69 before separating in Eddyville. The route intersects KY 70 in Fredonia. The US 641 designation ends at US 60 in Marion.
U.S. Route 641 was created as a 149-mile (240 km) highway from Paris, Tennessee to Evansville, Indiana. In 1972, its route was truncated in the north. Its northern section from Marion, Kentucky to Evansville, which was concurrent with U.S. Route 60, was eliminated and its northern terminus has since remained Marion. In 1977, US 641 was extended southward along the path of Tennessee State Route 69 to its interchange with I-40 (Exit 126) near Holladay, Tennessee with SR 69 continuing south beyond the interchange.
|This section is outdated. (November 2015)|
|Tennessee||Decatur||I-40 / SR 69 south – Memphis, Nashville||Southern terminus; Interchange; south end of SR-69 concurrency|
|Benton||SR 192 – Pauline|
|SR 192 (Old Hwy 69)|
|US 70 / SR 1 – Huntingdon, Waverly|
US 70 Bus. (W Main St) / SR 391
|US 79 (Tyson Ave) / SR 76 – McKenzie, Dover|
|SR 69 north / SR 356 east (E Wood St) / SR 54 south – Dresden||North end of SR-69 concurrency; south end of SR-54 concurrency|
|Puryear||SR 140 east||South end of SR-140 concurrency|
|SR 140 west||North end of SR-140 concurrency|
|Kentucky||Calloway||Hazel||0.009||0.014||KY 893 west (W Stateline Rd)||South end of KY 893 concurrency|
|0.069||0.111||KY 893 east (E Stateline Rd)||North end of KY 893 concurrency|
|Midway||3.556||5.723||KY 1828 (Midway Rd)|
US 641 Bus. (Glendale Rd) / KY 1550
|7.169||11.537||KY 821 (Sycamore St)|
|7.699||12.390||KY 94 (Main St) – Water Valley|
US 641 Bus. (Chestnut St) / KY 1327
|8.633||13.893||KY 121 – Mayfield|
|9.710||15.627||KY 2075 (N 4th St)|
|10.620||17.091||KY 80 – Mayfield, Hopkinsville|
|13.829||22.256||KY 464 – Kirksey, Almo|
US 641 Spur / KY 1824 to I-69 / Purchase Parkway
|25.714||41.383||KY 58 west / KY 408 – Mayfield||South end of KY 58 concurrency|
|28.912||46.529||KY 58 east / KY 795 – Briensburg, Scale||North end of KY 58 concurrency|
|Draffenville||30.306||48.773||US 68 east – Hopkinsville||South end of US 68 concurrency|
|30.722||49.442||US 68 west to I-69 / Purchase Parkway – Paducah||North end of US 68 concurrency|
|32.518||52.333||KY 1422 – Tatumsville, Palma|
|37.110||59.723||US 62 west to I-24 / KY 282 – Calvert City||Interchange; south end of US 62 concurrency|
|Livingston||39.584||63.704||KY 453 (Dover Rd)||Interchange|
|Lake City||40.072||64.490||KY 952 (J. R. O'Bryan Ave)|
|41.009||65.998||KY 917 (Stringtown Rd)|
|Lyon||Suwanee||44.944||72.330||KY 810 north||South end of KY 810 concurrency|
|45.010||72.437||KY 810 south||North end of KY 810 concurrency|
|47.370||76.235||KY 93 west / KY 295||South end of KY 93 concurrency|
|47.724||76.804||KY 6011 (Mary Blue Rd)|
|48.063||77.350||I-24 / I-69 – Madisonville, Clarksville||Interchange|
|50.193||80.778||KY 93||North end of KY 93 concurrency|
|51.739||83.266||US 62 east / KY 3305 (Riley Rd) – Princeton||North end of US 62 concurrency|
|54.894||88.343||KY 3169 (New Bethel Church Rd)|
|Caldwell||Fredonia||60.331||97.093||KY 70 east / KY 91 east (Marion Rd) – Madisonville, Princeton||South end of KY 70/KY 91 concurrency|
|60.535||97.422||KY 902 east||South end of KY 902 concurrency|
|60.656||97.616||KY 902 west||North end of KY 902 concurrency|
|Crittenden||63.258||101.804||KY 70 west – Mexico||North end of KY 70 concurrency|
|Marion||69.577||111.973||US 60 / KY 91 north – Paducah, Henderson||Northern terminus; north end of KY 91 concurrency|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
US Route 641 Business
|Location:||Murray, Calloway County|
US Route 641 Business is a business route of US Route 641 located mainly along the east side of Murray, Kentucky, in Calloway County. It follows Kentucky Route 121 east from US 641 along Glendale Road until KY 121 turns south along South Fourth Street, where US BUS 641 turns north. The route makes a sharp left turn at Chestnut Street and heads west before finally terminating at US 641.
|This section requires expansion. (January 2015)|
US Route 641 Spur
|Location:||Benton, Marshall County|
|Length:||3.25 mi (5.230 km)|
US Route 641 Spur is a spur route of US Route 641 located on the south side of Benton, Kentucky, in Marshall County in western Kentucky's Jackson Purchase region. It begins at a junction with US 641 south of Benton, and ends at the Exit 41 interchange with the Julian M. Carroll Purchase Parkway, which is officially designated as part of the Interstate 69 extension.
US Route 641 Truck
|Location:||Benton, Marshall County|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)|
- General Highway Map: Decatur County, Tennessee (PDF) (Map). Cartography by TDOT Planning Division. Tennessee Department of Transportation. 1998. p. 20. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- General Highway Map: Benton County, Tennessee (PDF) (Map). Cartography by TDOT Planning Division. Tennessee Department of Transportation. 1996. p. 3. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- General Highway Map: Henry County, Tennessee (PDF) (Map). Cartography by TDOT Planning Division. Tennessee Department of Transportation. 2002. p. 40. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- State Primary Road System: Calloway County (PDF) (Map). Cartography by KYTC Division of Planning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. January 2012. p. 18. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- State Primary Road System: Marshall County (PDF) (Map). Cartography by KYTC Division of Planning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. February 2012. p. 79. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- State Primary Road System: Livingston County (PDF) (Map). Cartography by KYTC Division of Planning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. March 2011. p. 70. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- State Primary Road System: Lyon County (PDF) (Map). Cartography by KYTC Division of Planning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. March 2011. p. 72. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- State Primary Road System: Caldwell County (PDF) (Map). Cartography by KYTC Division of Planning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. May 2011. p. 17. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- State Primary Road System: Crittenden County (PDF) (Map). Cartography by KYTC Division of Planning. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. January 2011. p. 28. Retrieved November 11, 2012.
- "Minutes: Special Committee on U.S. Route Numbering" (PDF). AASHTO Special Committee on U.S. Route Numbering. November 20, 2014. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- "Official DMI Route Log: District 1". Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Official DMI Route Log: District 2". Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. Retrieved November 26, 2012.