Uppaluri Siva Ramachandra Murty, or U. S. R. Murty (as he prefers to write his name), is a Professor Emeritus of the Department of Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo.
U. S. R. Murty received his Ph.D. in 1967 from the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, with a thesis on extremal graph theory; his advisor was C. R. Rao. Murty is well known for his work in matroid theory and graph theory, and mainly for being a co-author with J. A. Bondy of a textbook on graph theory. Murty has served as a managing editor and co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B.
- John Adrian Bondy and U. S. R. Murty (1976), Graph Theory with Applications. North-Holland. Book's page at the University of Paris VI.
- John Adrian Bondy and U. A. R. Murty (1979), "Graph Theory and Related Topics." Academic Press Inc. ISBN 978-0121143503.
- U. S. R. Murty (1971) How Many Magic Configurations are There? The American Mathematical Monthly.
- U. S. R. Murty (1971) Equicardinal matroids. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B
- U. S. R. Murty (1970) Matroids with Sylvester property. Aequationes Mathematicae.
- Murty, U. S. R. (1968), "On some extremal graphs", Acta Mathematica Academiae Scientiarum Hungaricae, 19: 69–74, MR 0224509, doi:10.1007/BF01894681
- de Carvalho, Marcelo H.; Lucchesi, Cláudio L.; Murty, U. S. R. (2002), "On a conjecture of Lovász concerning bricks. II. Bricks of finite characteristic", Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B, 85 (1): 137–180, MR 1900684, doi:10.1006/jctb.2001.2092.