U15 (German universities)
German U15 e.V. is an association of fifteen major research-intensive and leading medical universities in Germany with a full disciplinary spectrum, excluding any defining engineering sciences.
The governing body is the University of Mainz, represented by President Georg Krausch; the deputy governing body is the Freie Universität Berlin, represented by President Günter M. Ziegler. The managing director is Jan Wöpking.
The association's headquarters are in Berlin.
U15 has been a member of the Global Network of Research Universities since November 2014. The network includes the Russell Group (Great Britain, headquartered in London), Association of American Universities (United States of America, headquartered in Washington D.C.), League of European Research Universities (Europe, headquartered in Leuven/Belgium), Association of East Asian Research Universities (Chinese mainland, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong und Taiwan), C9 League (China), Group of Eight (Australia, headquartered in Canberra), RU11 (Japan), and the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities (Canada, headquartered in Ottawa).
- Free University of Berlin
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- University of Bonn
- Goethe University of Frankfurt
- University of Freiburg
- University of Göttingen
- University of Hamburg
- Heidelberg University
- University of Cologne
- University of Leipzig
- University of Mainz
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
- University of Münster
- University of Tübingen
- University of Würzburg
- TU9 - association of nine largest technical universities in Germany
- National Institutes of Technology - 31 leading public engineering universities in India
- Golden Triangle (English universities) - a group of leading English universities
- Russell Group – A group of research-based universities in the United Kingdom
- C9 League, alliance of top universities in China
Notes and references