|Countries||United Arab Emirates|
|Administrator||Emirates Cricket Board|
|Number of teams||5|
The UAE T20x was a Twenty20 (T20) franchise cricket tournament planned to be held in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It would have been the first franchise T20 league to take place in the UAE. The first edition of the tournament was scheduled to take place from December 2018 to January 2019. Five franchise teams were scheduled to take part, with sixteen players per squad.
AB de Villiers was named the ambassador for the first edition of the tournament, with Shahid Afridi, David Miller, Eoin Morgan, Andre Russell and Kumar Sangakkara announced as the icon players. However, on 14 November 2018, Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) announced that the tournament would be cancelled due to only two buyers being found for the five franchises.
- "UAE T20x 'a great concept' for local cricket – AB de Villiers". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "UAE T20 start-up to rival Big Bash League". news.com.au. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "More details released of UAE T20 League". Gulf News. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Emirates Cricket Board signs up David Miller and Andre Russell for UAE T20x". The National. Retrieved 27 August 2018.
- "England captain Eoin Morgan joins list of stars signed up for UAE T20x". The National. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Shahid Afridi ready to be part of 'new and refreshing' UAE T20x". The National. Retrieved 30 September 2018.
- "Sangakkara completes UAE T20X Icon line-up". Gulf News. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Next month's UAE T20x cancelled by Emirates Cricket Board". The National. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Emirates T20x League called off". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
|This article related to sport in the United Arab Emirates is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a cricket competition is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|