|Also called||Baijah Tulos (Germany, 2007-2012)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
UAZ Patriot (UAZ-3163) is a mid-size SUV produced by the UAZ division of SeverstalAvto in Ulyanovsk, Russia. It was introduced in 2005 and replaced the older UAZ Simbir (UAZ-3162). Extensive use of newer parts, large carrying capacity, good off-road capabilities and an affordable price (<15,000 USD) predicted good sales in Russia. 12,011 units were sold in the year 2007.
The unique SUV accommodates five adults and carry about 200 kg cargo.
- Wheel configuration: 4x4
- Number of seats: 5(9*)
- Dimensions, mm: 4647x2080x1900/2000(with roof frames)
- Road clearance, mm: 210
- Equipped vehicle weight, kg: 2070
- Full weight, kg: 2670
- Cargo capacity, kg: 800
- Max. speed, km/hour: 150
- Fuel consumption, at 90 km/h; litres per 100 km: 14,0/10,4/13,2(city /out-of-town/ mixed cycles)
- Engine: ZMZ-409.10
- Fuel: Gasoline A-92
- Volume, litres: 2,693
- Maximum capacity, kW (horsepower)/revolutions per min: 94,1(128)/4400
- Maximum torque, N·m(kgf·m)/revolutions per min: 217,6(22,2)/2500
- Transmission: Mechanical, 5-stage
- Gear box: 2-stage(I-1, II-1,94)
- Front brakes: disk-type, ventilated, with two cylinders,with floating caliper
- Rear brakes: drum-type, with one cylinder, with automatic adjustment of the clearance between the lining and the drum
- Tyres: 225/75R16, 245/70R16
- UAZ Patriot Diesel (Originally the UAZ-31631, now the 31638) — equipped with the IVECO F1A (Fiat Ducato) 2,3 l 116 hp turbodiesel, it meets Euro-3 emission standards, has a top speed of 90 kph and uses 9,5 l/100 km. Since 2012 it is available as the 31638 with the domestically produced turbodiesel ZMZ-51432 meeting Euro-4.
- UAZ Cargo (UAZ-23602-050) — commercial pickup based on the 3163, with a long 3000-mm wheebase and a shortened 2-person cabin. Available since 2008.
- UAZ Pickup (UAZ-23632) — a 4-door 5-seat pickup truck based on the 3163, also with a 3000-mm long wheelbase. Available since August 2008.
- UAZ Patriot Sport (UAZ-3164) — shorter-wheelbase version (wheelbase is reduced by 360 mm and is 2400 mm, the length of the car to 4287 mm and luggage compartment volume was reduced to 960 liters); it was positioned by the developers as a car "for young and active people." Unlike the standard model, the UAZ Patriot Sport has a more narrow rear door openings and is the successor to the UAZ-3160. Due to the shorter overhangs the car has better maneuverability and a smaller turning radius. The UAZ-3164 features two different 2.7-liter petrol engines: the ZMZ-40904 producing 128 hp (Limited Edition) and the 112-horsepower ZMZ-4091 (in the Classic and Comfort versions). The transmission is a 5-speed manual from Korean Dymos Inc., similar to the one that is installed on the standard UAZ Patriot. The production of the UAZ Patriot Sport launched on July 1, 2010. On December 1, 2010, it was temporarily halted.
In October 2011, UAZ announced the release of a limited-edition SUV in honour of the 70th anniversary of the plant. Cars of the anniversary series have different exterior and interior trim details.
In May 2012, the plant built a restyled model of the UAZ Patriot with a different dashboard, which no longer had a handle for the front passenger. It had a new, safer four-spoke steering wheel from the German manufacturer Takata-Petri, 2DIN media player and a USB-connector for flash drives.
In August 2013, UAZ started the production of a renewed Patriot with a new transfer case Dymos featuring electronic control.
A facelifted UAZ Patriot debuted in 2014: the SUV got new bumpers, headlights, seats, an optional multimedia system with navigation and a rear back-up camera, some chassis improvements, and a new turbocharger for the diesel engine.
UAZ Patriot Sport police vehicle
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to UAZ Patriot.|
- UAZ Shows Stable Growth
- "UAZ Commenced Production of Renewed 'Patriot' Cars". Wroom.ru. 6 August 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- "Restyled UAZ Patriot SUV Is On Sale". Wroom.ru. 19 November 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2014.