|Division of National Australia Bank|
|Founded||1 October 2008|
|Gerd Schenkel, Founder - Greg Sutherland, Founding Chair - Ahmed Fahour, Founding CEO Sponsor.|
|Products||Banking, financial and related services|
UBank is an Australian direct bank, that operates as a division of National Australia Bank (NAB). It was established in 2008, and provides savings products and home loans over the Internet and telephone.
UBank operates under NAB's banking license and uses its balance sheet, risk management and technology infrastructure. UBank also participates in the Australian government's deposit guarantee scheme.
NAB stated it aimed to attract new retail customers while operating independently to its other retail brands, and in its 2009 annual report, NAB claimed that this strategy had been "successful". UBank operates under NAB's banking licence and participates in the Australian government's deposit guarantee scheme.
NAB claimed UBank's "customer advocacy and satisfaction levels" to be "amongst the highest of any institution in Australia" In its 2009 annual report, NAB claimed "almost 10,000 new customers in a month" for UBank's USaver product. UBank has been acknowledged as the driver of NAB's fast growth in deposit market share compared to other major banks.
In February 2010, NAB stated that strong growth in UBank had positively impacted its household deposits.
May 2012 Ubank scored 93.2% in a Roy Morgan customer satisfaction survey 
In October 2012, in a media interview about NAB's results briefing, CEO Cameron Clyne claimed that UBank had "raised $15–16 billion in deposits". This compares to $18.5 billion in deposits held by ING Direct as of September 2012.
December 2013 Lisa Gray announces first new product on Nextgen Oracle platform UBank's Usaver Ultra 
As of October 2015, UBank had $15.7 billion of customer deposits and $3.6b of mortgages.
UBank allows applicants (both new and existing) to apply online or over the phone for a Term Deposit and deposit their money straight away using BPAY. This was a first for the Australian marketplace.
In February 2011, UBank launched its first home loan product (dubbed "UHomeloan").
In October 2011 UBank won the BAI Financial Global Product Innovation Award for its refinance mortgage UHomeloan.
In the 2012 Australian Lending Awards UBank was named Best Online Operator
2013 AFR Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Direct Institution of the Year 
Brand & Marketing
UBank's first TV Commercial was launched in 2009, and positioned its savings account using the tagline "Saving is the new spending", attempting to capture the spirit of the Global Financial Crisis at the time.
UBank also launched a series of YouTube videos called UBank Moneybox, meant to educate and entertain. In February 2016 UBank launched a new visual identity, designed to reposition the bank as a "utility".
In 2016, UBank launched a controversial advertising campaign using terminally ill people which garnered many complaints. 
The company defended the campaign as being "disruptive". 
- "About us". UBank. Retrieved 29 October 2008.
- "NAB - NAB unveils UBank". National Australia Bank. Retrieved 29 October 2008.
- Lekakis, George (2 October 2008). "NAB moves into new territory with U". Melbourne Herald Sun. Retrieved 2 October 2008.
- "2009 Annual Report" (PDF). NAB. December 2009.
- "Who we are". UBank.
- "UBank collects $500 m in first month". The Sheet. 4 November 2008. Retrieved 22 June 2009.
- "NAB Australian Region market update" (PDF). NAB. 17 November 2008.
- "NAB goes online to reach people allergic to banks". Sydney Morning Herald. 23 April 2009.
- "See more executions from UBank's USaver press campaign". Newspaper works. 20 September 2009.
- "UBank Fact Sheet". National Australia Bank. 30 June 2009.
- "2009 Annual Report". NAB. 1 November 2009.
- "NAB deposit tactics show promise". The Sheet. 1 December 2009.
- "Big two grab largest slice of credit". Australian Financial Review. 2 December 2009.
- "Can NAB's Ubank emulate Jetstar?". Business Spectator. 7 December 2009.
- "December Quarter Trading Update" (PDF). National Australia Bank Limited. 19 February 2010.
- "KGB: NAB's Cameron Clyne". Business Spectator. 1 November 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- [dead link]
- "Financial results - NAB". nab.com.au. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "The Bank Channel: NAB launches Ubank". The Bank Channel. 30 September 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2008.
- "NAB pioneers 'five-minute' online bank account". IT Wire. 6 August 2009.
- "UBank launches on-line savings account with unbeaten interest rate". NAB. 6 August 2009.
- Taylor, Peter (23 February 2011). "NAB fires new weapon in bank wars". Herald Sun. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- "Best of the Best: 2010 Survival Guide". A Current Affair, Channel 9. 1 December 2009.
- "Award Winners". Australian Lending Awards. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "UBank USaver Savings is the new spending - YouTube". m.youtube.com. Retrieved 26 September 2016.
- "Rebrand positions UBank as the utilitarian choice | Marketing Magazine". marketingmag.com.au. Retrieved 26 September 2016.