|Former names||Brent Brown Ballpark (2007-17)|
Parkway Crossing Stadium (2005-07)
|Location||800 West University Parkway|
Orem, Utah 84058
|Owner||Utah Valley University|
|Operator||Utah Valley University|
|Record attendance||6,209 (July 24, 2013)|
|Field size||Left Field – 305 feet (93 m)|
Left-Center – 427 feet (130 m)
Center Field – 408 feet (124 m)
Right-Center – 388 feet (118 m)
Right Field – 312 feet (95 m)
|Opened||March 24, 2005|
|Construction cost||$6 million|
($7.96 million in 2018 dollars)
|General contractor||R & O Construction|
|Utah Valley Wolverines (2005-Present)|
Orem Owlz (2005-Present)
UCCU Ballpark (formerly known as Brent Brown Ballpark), is a baseball stadium on the campus of Utah Valley University (UVU) in southwestern Orem, Utah, United States. It is primarily used for baseball and is the home field of the minor-league Orem Owlz and the Utah Valley Wolverines baseball team of the NCAA Division I Western Athletic Conference.
The field was built in 2005 and holds 5,000 people.
The former name of the ballpark, once disputed between the Orem Owlz and UVU, has been posted as Brent Brown Ballpark. The UVU baseball team preferred the name, while the Owlz use "Home of the Owlz."
305 feet (93 m) down the left field line quickly angles to 427 feet (130 m) just left of dead center which is 408 feet (124 m). The right field gap is marked at 388 feet (118 m) and angles to 312 feet (95 m) down the right field line. The fence also varies in height: 20 feet (6.1 m) high down the left field line for approximately the first 90 feet (27 m) and then dropping to 10 feet (3.0 m) throughout the rest of the park. Though the short left and right field fences provide an advantage for hitters, the long distance to the rest of the park makes it difficult to hit home runs.
From May 22–26, 2012, the ballpark hosted the 2012 Great West Conference Baseball Tournament. Utah Valley won the tournament, finishing the season with a 29-0 Great West record. It is also occasionally used for concerts.
- "UVSC ballpark gets a name". Retrieved 7 Dec 2017.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Community Development Project. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- McEwen, Creighton (March 24, 2005). "UVSC Notebook: Utah Valley State Celebrates a New Baseball Stadium". DeseretNews.com. Archived from the original on July 7, 2013. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "New Gift Changes Name of UVU's Baseball Field and Stadium; New Moniker is UCCU Ballpark". UVU Press Releases. Retrieved 7 Dec 2017.
- "UVU extends partnership with UCCU as baseball stadium renamed UCCU Ballpark". heraldextra.com. Retrieved 7 Dec 2017.
- "2011-12 Great West Championships". Great West Conference. Retrieved 12 February 2012.
- Flanagan, Kyle (27 May 2012). "Utah Valley Baseball Wins 3rd Consecutive Great West Tournament Crown". HeraldExtra.com. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to UCCU Ballpark.|
- Official website
- Brent Brown Ballpark @ UVU Wolverines athletics website
- Brent Brown Ballpark @ Orem Owlz