UCI Women's Road World Rankings
The UCI Women's Road Rankings is a system of ranking road bicycle racers based upon the results in all women's UCI-sanctioned races over a twelve-month period. The world rankings were first instituted by the UCI in 1994. Points are awarded according to finishing positions in each race, with lesser points for each stage of stage races and for wearing the race leader's jersey. The road races at the Olympics and Road World Championships are worth the most points. The team rankings are calculated by summing the points of the team's four best placed riders, and the national rankings by summing the points of the nation's five best placed riders.
Since 1998, the competition has been run in parallel to the UCI Women's Road World Cup, which has included only six to twelve of the most prestigious one-day races. These are worth more points than other one-day races.
In the races throughout the year, points are earned for an individual ranking, a team ranking and a ranking by nation.
- Individual ranking: This is calculated monthly by adding the points obtained by each rider in a women's race on the UCI calendar. Points earned during the same period of the previous year are deducted.
- Team ranking: This is calculated monthly by adding the points obtained by the top four riders in the individual ranking of each UCI Women's Team.
- National ranking: This is calculated by adding the points obtained by the top five riders in the individual ranking of each nation.
Points can be earned during stage races and one-day races during year. It depends upon the category of the race how many points could be earned. There are several categories, related to their importance.
- World Cup races (CDM)
- World Championships (CM)
- First category races, divided into two categories:
- 1.1 category (one day race)
- 1.2 category (stage race)
- Second category races, divided into two categories:
- 2.1 category (one day race)
- 2.2 category (stage race)
- Continental Championships
- National Championships
|Pos.||World Cup||Category 1||Category 2|
|Point(s) per stage|
|Europe and America||Asia||Ociania and Africa|
|Pos.||Road race||Time trial||Road race||Time trial||Road race||Time trial|
|1st-10th place||11th place and beyond|
|Pos.||Road race||Time trial||Road race||Time trial|
|Olympic Games and World Championships|
|Pos.||Road race||Time trial|
- UCI Road World Rankings, men's world ranking (1984–2004)
- UCI Track Cycling World Ranking, track cycling world ranking
- "Introduction To Women's Cycling". Procyclingwomen.com. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Chapter XII: Elite Women's Classifications". UCI Cycling Regulations: Part 2 Road Races. UCI. 1 February 2012.
- "UCI rankings". uci.ch. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "World UCI Rankings". procyclingwomen.com. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Ranking – Cycling – Road 2013 Women Elite UCI Ranking Individual: Final result". UCI. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "Ranking – Cycling – Road 2014 Women Elite UCI Ranking Individual Final result". UCI. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Ranking – Cycling – Road 2015 Women Elite UCI Ranking Individual Final result". UCI. Retrieved 28 December 2015.