|Department for Education URN||137181 Tables|
|Chair of Governors||Professor David Price|
|Principal||Robin Street and Simon McBride|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Affiliations||University College London|
The UCL Academy is a secondary school located in Camden, London, United Kingdom and sponsored by UCL. It opened in September 2012 with 180 students in Year 7 and recently reached full capacity as of September 2017.
On 6 August 2010 Education Secretary Michael Gove announced that the Academy would receive a requested £30 million capital allocation and would therefore proceed. It was revealed on 9 September 2010 that the opening of the Academy had been delayed for one year, and would now open in September 2012.
The Academy admitted its first pupils in September 2012.
The school operates under a co-principal model. Its co-principals are Robin Street and Simon McBride.
The Academy is housed in new, purpose-built accommodation located on Adelaide Road. Facilities in the new accommodation include:
- suites of rooms for cross curricular general learning called Superstudios;
- suites of rooms for art, music and drama, including performance spaces;
- science laboratories, and a science demonstration theatre for lectures, experiments and talks by visiting academics from UCL;
- an engineering science suite, including workshops and technology and science labs; and
- House areas, providing places for students to eat together, and for informal study during breaks and before and after school.
Plans for the new building received planning permission in August 2010.
- "Who We Are". UCL Academy. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- Tom Foot (9 September 2010). "UCL Academy to open one year late". Camden New Journal. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- Malcolm Grant (20 November 2007). "Natural progression". TheGuardian.com. Guardian Media Group. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "UCL Academy to proceed". University College London. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Michael Gove's go-ahead as UCL academy survives big cuts". Camden New Journal. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "School of the future... new state superschool UCL Academy". London Evening Standard. 10 September 2012. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Message from the Co-Principals". UCL Academy. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "New building". UCL Academy. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "UCL Academy looks set to get Gove's green light". Hampstead & Highgate Express. 6 August 2010. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "Academy ethos and values". UCL Academy. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
- "Emphasis on Mandarin at UCL academy". London Evening Standard. 22 September 2008. Retrieved 7 September 2010.