UC Davis College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
The University of California, Davis, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (commonly referred to by students as the "College of Ag" or "Ag-and-E") was established in 1922 and is one of four colleges on the campus of the University of California, Davis. It offers degrees in twenty-seven undergraduate majors and thirty-three graduate groups (i.e. M.S. and Ph.D.). As of January 2014, the College has been overseen by Dean Helene Dillard.
The College is organized into three divisions, which are then further sub-divided into twenty-two departments, as follows:
Agricultural Sciences Division
- Animal Science
- Biological and Agricultural engineering
- Plant pathology
- Plant sciences
- Agronomy and Range science
- Environmental horticulture
- Vegetable crops
- Viticulture and Enology
Environmental Sciences Division
- Founded in 1968, this department offered the first undergraduate degree in environmental toxicology at any university.
- Landscape Architecture
- Land, Air and Water Resources
- Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology
- This department was started in the early 1970s under the name Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. It was given its current name in the mid-1980s as conservation was becoming an increasingly popular societal issue. Department faculty, cooperative extension specialists, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students training and studying in fields including ecology, wildlife management, conservation biology, animal behavior, evolution, and population biology. Undergraduates may choose the wildlife, fish, and conservation biology major and take a Bachelor of Science.
Human Sciences Division
- Managerial Economics (formally Agricultural and Resource Economics)
- Environmental Design
- Food Science and Technology
- Human and Community Development
- Textiles and Clothing
- "College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences". UC Regents. Retrieved May 25, 2014.
- ETOX History of the Department
- WFCB Home Page
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Homepage
- College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences on the Davis Wiki
|This article on a California institution of higher education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|