|PDB structures||RCSB PDB PDBe PDBsum|
|Gene Ontology||AmiGO / EGO|
- UDP-glucose + a flavonol UDP + a flavonol 3-O-beta-D-glucoside
This enzyme participates in flavonoid biosynthesis.
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-glucose:flavonol 3-O-D-glucosyltransferase. Other names in common use include:
- uridine diphosphoglucose-flavonol 3-O-glucosyltransferase,
- UDP-glucose:flavonol 3-O-glucosyltransferase, and
- UDP-glucose:flavonoid 3-O-glucosyltransferase (UFGT).
Among those, UFGT is divided into UDP-glucose: Flavonoid 3-O-glucosyltransferase (UF3GT) and UDP-glucose: Flavonoid 5-O-glucosyltransferase (UF5GT), which are responsible for the glucosylation of anthocyanins to produce stable molecules.
- Kobayashi S, Ishimaru M, Ding CK, Yakushiji H, Goto N (February 2001). "Comparison of UDP-glucose:flavonoid 3-O-glucosyltransferase (UFGT) gene sequences between white grapes (Vitis vinifera) and their sports with red skin". Plant Sci. 160 (3): 543–550. doi:10.1016/S0168-9452(00)00425-8. PMID 11166442.
- Zhao DQ, Han CX, Ge JT, Tao J (November 2012). "Isolation of a UDP-glucose: Flavonoid 5-O-glucosyltransferase gene and expression analysis of anthocyanin biosynthetic genes in herbaceous peony (Paeonia lactiflora Pall.)". Electronic Journal of Biotechnology. 15 (6). doi:10.2225/vol15-issue6-fulltext-7.
- Wiermann R (1982). "Formation of flavonol 3-O-diglycosides and flavonol 3-O-triglycosides by enzyme extracts from anthers of Tulipa cv apeldoorn - characterization and activity of 3 different O-glycosyltransferases during anther development". Z. Naturforsch. C. 37: 587–599.
- Sutter A, Grisebach H (1973). "UDP-glucose: flavonol 3-0-glucosyltransferase from cell suspension cultures of parsley". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 309 (2): 289–95. doi:10.1016/0005-2744(73)90027-2. PMID 4731963.
|This EC 2.4 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|