UEFA Euro 2012 (video game)
|UEFA Euro 2012|
UEFA Euro 2012 is the official video game of the UEFA Euro 2012 football tournament. Unlike previous Euro games, it is a downloadable expansion pack for FIFA 12, requiring that game and internet connection. It was released on 24 April 2012.
The expansion features an all-new game mode, Expedition Mode (similar to World Tour mode from FIFA Street), where players create a customized team to bid against the European nations. Players can import their Virtual Pro into the mode. The Story of the Finals scenario mode from 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa returns in a form similar to normal FIFA 12 Football Club scenarios.
The game includes all 53 UEFA-member nations, although 24 of them are unlicensed, including co-hosts Ukraine and Poland. One user can play through the UEFA Euro 2012 finals. All 8 official stadiums of the tournament are included in the game. Following numerous customer complaints, a new update was released by EA which fixed many of the issues, including the constant freezing of the game.
The idea is that you'll create your own team and pick your virtual pro from FIFA 12 and you'll receive 11 players and substitutes. Then you'll choose a group from UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying groups and begin your journey. 1st you'll face the worst team from the group of your choosing. After defeating it once, you'll receive a piece of mosaic (which has 181 pieces) and a reserve player. After defeating it 2nd time, you'll receive a new piece of mosaic and a substitute player. The 3rd time the last piece of mosaic and a starting-11 player. You'll build roads to other countries by winning matches, and lose them if you lose your match. Winning also unlocks new teams and groups. The goal is build a team which dominates Europe and complete the mosaic.
The expansion received mixed reviews. While praised for its presentation, it was criticized for its replay value, outdated gameplay, lack of new soundtrack, expensive price tag, gameplay bugs, exclusion of the qualifying rounds, and the lack of known of its predecessors, in particular the decision to not include the 'Captain Your Country' mode which proved extremely popular with consumers. The expansion pack constantly freezes online, often resulting in losses late in online tournament play. Losses like this can even come when a player is leading and the game is officially over.
- "Licensing –". Uefa.com. 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "MarketWatch.com". MarketWatch.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- Anderson, Joe (2012-04-25). "EA issues statement regarding unlicensed teams in UEFA Euro 2012". Shoptonews.net. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- Anderson, Joe. "Euro 2012 patch arrives, fixes game freezes". Shoptonews.net. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "UEFA Euro 2012 for Xbox 360 Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More". Metacritic. 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "UEFA Euro 2012 Review". GameSpot.com. 2012-04-24. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- var authorId = "" by Daniel Krupa (2012-04-24). "FIFA 12: UEFA Euro 2012 Review - Xbox 360 Review at IGN". Xbox360.ign.com. Retrieved 2012-07-07.