UEFA Pro Licence
|UEFA Pro Licence|
UEFA Pro Licence from North Macedonia
|Type of document||Coaching licence|
The UEFA Pro Licence is a coaching licence mandated by UEFA, the official governing body of European football. Issued by each member state's football federation and valid for two years, the licence is the highest coaching certification available and generally follows the completion of the UEFA 'B' and 'A' licences.
A UEFA Pro Licence is required for anyone who wishes to manage a football club in the top tier of any European nation's league system on a permanent basis, i.e. more than 12 weeks (the amount of time an unqualified caretaker manager is allowed to take control). Such a licence is also required to manage in the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League.
- List of managers and coaches who have qualified for the UEFA Pro Licence
- UEFA B Licence
- UEFA A Licence
- Magowan, Alistair (23 June 2008). "What is a UEFA Pro Licence?". BBC News.
- "The FA's UEFA Pro Licence Course – Who, What and When | Football | theguardian.com". The Guardian. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- Jessop, Chris (31 August 2010). "So You Want to be a Football Coach. Just How Easy Is It?". UK Sports Network.
- The Knowledge - Coaching Corner - How does the coaching badge system work? Telegraph, 5 December 2005