|UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera|
The poster for UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 14, 2009|
|Venue||Evening News Arena|
|City||Manchester, United Kingdom|
UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on November 14, 2009 in Manchester, United Kingdom at the Manchester Evening News Arena. This event aired on the same day, via tape delay, on Spike in the U.S.
A previously rumoured Lightweight Championship bout between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez did not take place at this event. At the UFC 102 press conference, White said it was likely that the fight will be moved to a third event in November which was at the time still unannounced. It was later announced that the bout would take place at UFC 107.
A bout between Antônio Rogério Nogueira and Luiz Arthur Cane was moved to UFC 106. Dong Hyun Kim was forced to pull out of his bout with Dan Hardy due to an injury. He was replaced by Mike Swick.
The winner of Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy was said to receive a title shot at Georges St-Pierre in early 2010. This fight took place at UFC 111. A previously announced bout between Peter Sobotta and DaMarques Johnson was cancelled due to a military commitment for Sobotta.
|Light Heavyweight||Randy Couture||def||Brandon Vera||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Dan Hardy||def||Mike Swick||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Michael Bisping||def||Denis Kang||TKO (knees to the body and punches)||2||4:24|
|Welterweight||Matt Brown||def||James Wilks||TKO (punches)||3||2:27|
|Lightweight||Ross Pearson||def||Aaron Riley||TKO (doctor stoppage)||2||4:38|
|Welterweight||John Hathaway||def||Paul Taylor||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–26)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Terry Etim||def||Shannon Gugerty||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||1:24|
|Welterweight||Nick Osipczak||def||Matthew Riddle||TKO (punches)||3||3:53|
|Lightweight||Dennis Siver||def||Paul Kelly||TKO (spinning back kick and punches)||2||2:53|
|Light Heavyweight||Alexander Gustafsson||def||Jared Hamman||KO (punches)||1||0:41|
|Lightweight||Andre Winner||def||Rolando Delgado||KO (punch)||1||3:22|
Fighters were awarded $40,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
- Knockout of the Night: Dennis Siver
- Submission of the Night: Terry Etim
- Morgan, John. "UFC 105 breaks European attendance record in front of "educated" U.K. crowd". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2009-11-17. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- "UFC 105". Ufc.com. Retrieved 2009-09-09.
- "Zuffa confirms UFC 105 for Manchester, England on November 14; will likely air free on Spike TV". Mmamania.com. Retrieved 2009-07-16.
- "Penn vs. Sanchez to headline UFC 105". insidefights.com. Retrieved 2009-08-21.
- Morgan, John. "Penn vs. Sanchez targeted for UFC's third show in November; White hints at new broadcast deal". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2009-08-27.
- "BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez Now Slated for UFC 107 on December 12 in Memphis". MMAFrenzy.com. 2009-01-02. Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- Sherdog.com. "Update: Nogueira-Cane Likely for UFC 106". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 2009-09-12.
- Gilbert, Mark (2009-09-28). "Dan Hardy to face Mike Swick at UFC 105". London: The Sun. Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy to determine No. 1 contender for Georges St-Pierre Archived 2009-10-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "Full "UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera" card announced, Johnson vs. Sobotta scrapped". Mmajunkie.com. 2009-09-29. Archived from the original on 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- "UFC 105 Bonuses". sherdog.com. Retrieved November 14, 2009.