|UFC 123: Rampage vs. Machida|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 20, 2010|
|Venue||The Palace of Auburn Hills|
|City||Auburn Hills, Michigan|
UFC 123: Rampage vs. Machida was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on November 20, 2010 at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan. It was the first UFC event in the Metro Detroit area since UFC 9.
A private ceremony was hosted an hour before the start of the card, where José Aldo was awarded the inaugural UFC Featherweight Championship belt by Dana White. Fans in the building were not permitted to view the ceremony.
UFC 123 featured preliminary fights live on Spike TV.
|Light Heavyweight||Quinton Jackson||def.||Lyoto Machida||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||B.J. Penn||def.||Matt Hughes||KO (punches)||1||0:21|
|Middleweight||Maiquel Falcão||def.||Gerald Harris||Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Phil Davis||def.||Tim Boetsch||Submission (modified kimura)||2||2:55|
|Lightweight||George Sotiropoulos||def.||Joe Lauzon||Submission (kimura)||2||2:43|
|Preliminary card (Spike TV)|
|Welterweight||Brian Foster||def.||Matt Brown||Submission (guillotine choke)||2||2:11|
|Middleweight||Mark Muñoz||def.||Aaron Simpson||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Dennis Hallman||def.||Karo Parisyan||TKO (punches)||1||1:47|
|Lightweight||Edson Barboza||def.||Mike Lullo||TKO (leg kicks)||3||0:26|
|Lightweight||Paul Kelly||def.||T.J. O'Brien||TKO (elbows)||2||3:16|
|Lightweight||Nik Lentz||def.||Tyson Griffin||Decision (split) (29–28, 27–30, 29–28)||3||5:00|
Fighters were awarded $80,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon
- Knockout of the Night: B.J. Penn
- Submission of the Night: Phil Davis
A formal complaint was filed with Michigan's Unarmed Combat Commission regarding the timekeeping of the Harris-Falcão match. Near the end of the first round, Falcão was choking Harris. The allegation is that the timekeeper ended the round six seconds early and in turn had the round not ended early, Falcão may have successfully choked out Harris. Despite Falcão ultimately winning the fight by decision, the formal complaint was filed on January 13, 2011.
- Stupp, Dann (November 21, 2010). "UFC 123 draws 16,404 attendance and $2.1 million live gate". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on June 30, 2012. Retrieved November 22, 2010.
- Matt Bishop. "Report: UFC 123 does 'around 500K' pay-per-view buys".
- "UFC 123: Rampage vs. Machida". ufc.com. September 14, 2010.
- http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/11/20/1827175/jose-aldo-presented-with-ufc-featherweight-belt-at-ufc-123 Jose Aldo Presented With UFC Featherweight Belt at UFC 123
- Marrocco, Steven; Stupp, Dann (October 13, 2010). "Injured Rory MacDonald out, Brian Foster in against Matt Brown at UFC 123". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on October 16, 2010. Retrieved November 22, 2010.
- Stupp, Dann (October 25, 2010). "Injured Gabe Ruediger out of UFC 123 prelim fight with Paul Kelly". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on July 11, 2012. Retrieved November 22, 2010.
- "With Gabe Ruediger out, Paul Kelly vs. T.J. O'Brien official for UFC 123". mmajunkie.com. October 30, 2010. Archived from the original on January 28, 2013.
- "Mike Lullo 8–2 will replace Darren Elkins and face off with Edson". mmamania.com. November 11, 2010.
- Morgan, John; Stupp, Dann (November 21, 2010). "UFC 123 bonuses: Penn, Davis, Sotiropoulos and Lauzon earn $80,000 awards". MMAjunkie.com. Archived from the original on July 11, 2012. Retrieved November 22, 2010.
- Gross, Josh (January 25, 2011). "Complaint alleges round ended early". ESPN.com. Retrieved August 16, 2012.