|UFC 138: Leben vs. Munoz|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 5, 2011|
|City||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
UFC 138: Leben vs. Munoz was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on November 5, 2011 at LG Arena in Birmingham, United Kingdom. The event aired on the same day, via tape delay, on Spike TV in the U.S. and live on Sportsnet in Canada. The event was the second that the UFC has hosted in Birmingham, the first was UFC 89 back in 2008 also featuring Chris Leben in the main event.
After several tenatively scheduled 2011 events  at various locations around the United Kingdom did not materialize, including Glasgow, Liverpool, London as well as a planned return to Ireland, it was expected that the organization would not hold an event in the area during 2011.
The main event was the first non-title five round fight in the history of the UFC.
Mark Scanlon was expected to face James Head at this event. However, Scanlon was pulled from the bout and replaced by promotional newcomer John Maguire Then, on September 28, Head himself pulled out of the fight due to an undisclosed injury and was replaced by Justin Edwards.
Pascal Krauss was expected to face John Hathaway at this event. However, on August 30 Krauss pulled out of the bout citing a shoulder injury, and was replaced by Matt Brown. Then on October 17 it was announced that Hathaway was forced to withdraw from the bout due to injury as well. As a result, Brown was pulled from the event and will face Seth Baczynski at UFC 139.
Phil De Fries was expected to face Oli Thompson at this event. However, on October 17 it was announced that Thompson was forced to withdraw from the bout due to injury. De Fries fought Rob Broughton at this event instead.
Anthony Njokuani was scheduled to fight Paul Taylor on the main card. However, Taylor sustained a whiplash injury during a minor traffic collision on November 1 forcing him from the bout. Due to insufficient time to find a replacement, Njokuani was moved to a future card, while a prelim fight between Cyrille Diabate and Anthony Perosh was promoted to the main card.
This event averaged 1.8 million viewers on Spike TV.
|Middleweight||Mark Muñoz||def.||Chris Leben||TKO (corner stoppage)||2||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Renan Barão||def.||Brad Pickett||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||4:09|
|Welterweight||Thiago Alves||def.||Papy Abedi||Submission (rear-naked choke)||1||3:32|
|Light Heavyweight||Anthony Perosh||def.||Cyrille Diabaté||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||3:09|
|Lightweight||Terry Etim||def.||Edward Faaloloto||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||0:17|
|Preliminary card (Facebook)|
|Welterweight||John Maguire||def.||Justin Edwards||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Phil De Fries||def.||Rob Broughton||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Michihiro Omigawa||def.||Jason Young||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Che Mills||def.||Chris Cope||TKO (knees and punches)||1||0:40||[b]|
|Bantamweight||Chris Cariaso||def.||Vaughan Lee||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
- This bout aired last on the live broadcast following the Leben vs. Muñoz fight. This bout also aired on the Spike broadcast following the Alves vs. Abedi fight.
- This bout aired on the live broadcast and Spike broadcast following the Diabaté vs. Perosh fight.
Fighters were awarded $70,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barão
- Knockout of the Night: Che Mills
- Submission of the Night: Terry Etim
- "UFC 138 draws a reported 10,823 attendees for record-setting $1.5 million live gate". MMAjunkie.com. November 5, 2011.
- "UFC 138: Leben vs. Munoz". ufc.com. September 6, 2011. Retrieved September 6, 2011.
- "UFC 138 Fight Card Updates". ufc.com. July 19, 2011. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- Samuels, Albert (August 13, 2011). "UFC 138: Fight Card Lineup". MMAentry.com. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- Holland, Jesse (June 8, 2011). "Marshall Zelaznik: UFC has a 'less than 20-percent chance' of bringing an event to the UK in 2011". mmamania.com. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
- Helwani, Ariel (July 19, 2011). "Leben vs. Munoz Will Be Five-Round Fight". mmafighting.com. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- "Scanlon vs. Head To Feature At UFC 138". YourMMA.tv. July 21, 2011. Retrieved July 21, 2011.
- "Mark Scanlon out of UFC 138, John Maguire debuts against James Head". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- "James Head out, Justin Edwards in". The Fight Lounge. September 28, 2011.
- "John Hathaway vs. Pascal Krauss set for UFC 138 in England". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- "Matt Brown replaces Pascal Krauss, meets John Hathaway at UFC 138". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- "Hathaway, Thompson out of UFC 138". UFC.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "After injuries, Brown-Baczynski at UFC 139". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2010-10-17.
- "UFC 138 loses Taylor-Njokuani, Diabate-Perosh promoted to main card". MMA Junkie. November 1, 2011.
- "Leben Suspended After UFC 138". ufc.com. 2011-11-28.
- "UFC 138 bonuses: Mills, Etim, Barao and Pickett net $70,000 awards". MMAjunkie.com. November 5, 2011. Retrieved November 5, 2011.