|UFC 147: Silva vs. Franklin II|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||June 23, 2012|
|City||Belo Horizonte, Brazil|
The finals in the featherweight and middleweight tournaments of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil were held on this card. Daniel Sarafian was originally scheduled to compete in the Middleweight finals, but pulled out due to injury. He was replaced by semifinalist Sergio Moraes. Renee Forte, a Middleweight for Team Wanderlei, was scheduled to fight Moraes, but was removed from the card when Moraes was enlisted to fill in for Sarafian. UFC Officials have promised Forte a fight on a future UFC card.
This event also saw other significant changes to its original card. The expected rematch between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen was moved to UFC 148 on July 7, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada and the expected co-feature of the Brazilian event, a rematch between Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva was to headline the event. On April 24, the changes regarding Silva/Sonnen were confirmed. Plans were then being made for Featherweight champion Jose Aldo, who was scheduled to defend his title at UFC 149, to headline this event. However, it was reported April 28, 2012, that Aldo would remain on the UFC 149 card and defend his title against Erik Koch.
On May 26, Vitor Belfort was forced to pull out of the card after breaking his left hand while training. Silva's opponent was changed to Rich Franklin in a 190 lb catchweight bout. Franklin and Silva faced each other previously in June 2009 at UFC 99, where Franklin defeated Silva via unanimous decision in a bout the earned both participants Fight of the Night honors.
Due to the multitude of changes to the main card, the UFC offered a full refund for any ticket-holder no longer wanting to see the event live. This is the first time in the promotion's history that a full refund for an event has been offered before the event took place, and the window for receiving the refund was only three days: 18 June 2012 to 20 June 2012. UFC 147 reportedly did 140,000 Pay Per View buys.
|Catchweight (190 lb)||Rich Franklin||def.||Wanderlei Silva||Decision (unanimous) (49–46, 49–46, 49–46)||5||5:00|
|Middleweight||Cezar Ferreira||def.||Sergio Moraes||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00||[a]|
|Featherweight||Rony Mariano Bezerra||def.||Godofredo Pepey||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00||[b]|
|Heavyweight||Fabrício Werdum||def.||Mike Russow||TKO (punches)||1||2:28|
|Featherweight||Hacran Dias||def.||Yuri Alcantara||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (FX)|
|Featherweight||Rodrigo Damm||def.||Anistavio Medeiros||Submission (rear naked choke)||1||2:12|
|Middleweight||Francisco Trinaldo||def.||Delson Heleno||TKO (punches)||1||4:21|
|Catchweight (150 lb)||Hugo Viana||def.||John Teixeira||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Thiago Perpétuo||def.||Leonardo Mafra||TKO (punches)||3||0:41|
|Preliminary Card (Facebook)|
|Featherweight||Marcos Vinicius||def.||Wagner Campos||TKO (punches)||3||1:04||[c]|
|Featherweight||Felipe Arantes||vs.||Milton Vieira||Split Draw (28–29, 29–28, 28–28)||3||5:00|
Fighters were awarded $65,000.
- Fight of the Night: Wanderlei Silva vs. Rich Franklin
- Knockout of the Night: Marcos Vinicius
- Submission of the Night: Rodrigo Damm
- Burke, Tim (August 2, 2012). "Pay-Per-View Buyrates For UFC 147, UFC 148 And UFC 149". BloodyElbow.com. Retrieved September 16, 2012.
- "UFC® 147 Live on Pay-Per-View: Silva vs. Franklin II". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved May 9, 2012.
- Morgan, John; Stupp, Dann (2012-01-14). "TUF Brazil features featherweights and middleweights, tourney finals on PPV". MMAjunkie.com.
- "Sarafian Injured, Out of TUF Brasil Finale at UFC 147". Ultimate Fighting Championship. June 18, 2012.
- "NEW THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER BRAZIL® MIDDLEWEIGHT FINAL ANNOUNCED FOR UFC® 147". Ultimate Fighting Championship. June 18, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Staff (June 18, 2012). "Despite no UFC 147 slot, 'TUF: Brazil' member Renee Forte will get future UFC fight". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Whitman, Mike (April 20, 2012). "UFC to Hold Presser in Rio on Tuesday; Source Says ‘Spider’ Defense Likely Moving to Las Vegas". Sherdog.com. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- Stupp, Dann (April 24, 2012). "Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen title fight moved from UFC 147 to UFC 148". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- Morgan, John; Stupp, Dann (2012-04-28). "Champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch title fight headlines UFC 149 in Calgary". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-09-16.
- Morgan, John (May 27, 2012). "Vitor Belfort pulled from UFC 147 main event, undergoes surgery for broken hand". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- Stupp, Dann (May 30, 2012). "Rich Franklin steps into UFC 147 headliner against Wanderlei Silva". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- "Sign of the Apocalypse #103: The UFC is Offering Full Refunds for UFC 147". CagePotato.com. June 20, 2012. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Whitman, Mike (June 24, 2012). "UFC 147 Bonuses:Rich Franklin, Wanderlei, Rodrigo Damm, Marcos Vinicius Pocket $65K". Sherdog.com. Retrieved June 24, 2012.