|UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit|
The poster for UFC 195: Lawler vs. Condit.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 2, 2016|
|Venue||MGM Grand Garden Arena|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
The event was expected to feature a UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship bout between then-undefeated champion Ronda Rousey and Holly Holm, a former 18-time boxing world champion in three weight classes. However, the bout was moved to UFC 193 after a thumb injury to UFC Welterweight Champion Robbie Lawler forced him out of his title bout against Carlos Condit, a former WEC Welterweight Champion and former interim UFC Welterweight Champion. The Lawler/Condit pairing remained intact and headlined this event.
A lightweight bout between Dustin Poirier and Joseph Duffy was originally booked as main event for UFC Fight Night: Holohan vs. Smolka. However, the bout was canceled on fight week due to Duffy sustaining a concussion during a sparring session. The fight was later rescheduled for this event.
Neil Magny was briefly scheduled to face Stephen Thompson at the event. However, on November 3, Magny was pulled from the pairing in favor of a matchup with Kelvin Gastelum at The Ultimate Fighter Latin America 2 Finale. Thompson was expected to remain on the card, but on December 13 it was announced that he was going to face former UFC Welterweight champion Johny Hendricks at UFC 196.
Russell Doane was briefly scheduled to face Michinori Tanaka at the event. However, Doane was pulled from the pairing for undisclosed reasons and was replaced by former Bellator Featherweight champion and one time UFC Bantamweight Championship challenger Joe Soto.
On March 23, it was announced that Diego Brandão tested positive for marijuana metabolites and was issued a temporary suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC). He was eventually suspended on May 19 for a period of nine months by USADA, retroactive to the date of the fight.
|Welterweight||Robbie Lawler (c)||def.||Carlos Condit||Decision (split) (48-47, 48-47, 47-48)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Heavyweight||Stipe Miocic||def.||Andrei Arlovski||TKO (punches)||1||0:54|
|Welterweight||Albert Tumenov||def.||Lorenz Larkin||Decision (split) (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Brian Ortega||def.||Diego Brandão||Submission (triangle choke)||3||1:37|
|Lightweight||Abel Trujillo||def.||Tony Sims||Submission (guillotine choke)||1||3:18|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Bantamweight||Michael McDonald||def.||Masanori Kanehara||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||2:09|
|Welterweight||Alex Morono||def.||Kyle Noke||Decision (split) (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Strawweight||Justine Kish||def.||Nina Ansaroff||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Drew Dober||def.||Scott Holtzman||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Lightweight||Dustin Poirier||def.||Joseph Duffy||Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Michinori Tanaka||def.||Joe Soto||Decision (split) (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Sheldon Westcott||def.||Edgar García||TKO (punches)||1||3:12|
- For the UFC Welterweight Championship.
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit
- Performance of the Night: Stipe Miocic and Michael McDonald
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Robbie Lawler: $500,000 (no win bonus) def. Carlos Condit: $350,000
- Stipe Miocic: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus) def. Andrei Arlovski: $250,000
- Albert Tumenov: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Lorenz Larkin: $36,000
- Brian Ortega: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Diego Brandão: $36,000
- Abel Trujillo: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Tony Sims: $12,000
- Michael McDonald: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Masanori Kanehara: $14,000
- Alex Morono: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Kyle Noke: $26,000
- Justine Kish: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Nina Ansaroff: $10,000
- Drew Dober: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus) def. Scott Holtzman: $12,000
- Dustin Poirier: $84,000 (includes $42,000 win bonus) def. Joseph Duffy: $20,000
- Michinori Tanaka: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Joe Soto: $20,000
- Shelden Westcott: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Edgar Garcia: $10,000
- Staff (2016-01-03). "UFC 195 draws announced 10,300 attendance for live gate in excess of $2 million". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-09-03). "Lawler-Condit to headline UFC 195". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-09-03.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-09-04). "Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit title fight rebooked as UFC 195 main event". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-09-04.
- Damon Martin (2015-08-21). "Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm headlines UFC 195 on January 2 in Las Vegas". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- Damon Martin (2015-08-29). "Robbie Lawler suffers thumb injury, fight with Carlos Condit expected to be rescheduled". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2015-08-29.
- Staff (2015-10-19). "Sheldon Westcott vs. Edgar Garcia moves to UFC 195 in January". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-19.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2015-10-21). "Joseph Duffy out of UFC Fight Night 76, Paddy Holohan vs. Louis Smolka set as new main event". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Staff (2015-10-28). "Scrapped Dustin Poirier vs. Joseph Duffy fight rebooked for UFC 195 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Marc Raimondi (2015-11-03). "Kelvin Gastelum vs. Neil Magny to headline TUF Latin America Finale with Matt Brown out". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- Mike Bohn and Matt Erickson (2015-12-13). "UFC 196 adds Hendricks-Thompson, Nelson-Rosholt, Burkman-Noons, Pyle-Spencer". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- Staff (2015-11-25). "Russell Doane vs. Michinori Tanaka added to UFC 195". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Dana Becker (2015-11-30). "Joe Soto steps in to fight at UFC 195". fightline.com. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2015-12-04). "Koch out Hotlzman in at UFC 195". ufc.com. Retrieved 2015-12-04.
- Danny Segura (2015-12-22). "Injured Kelvin Gastelum out of UFC 195". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2016-03-23). "Diego Brandão issued temporary suspension for UFC 195 failed drug test". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-03-23.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-05-19). "USADA hands Diego Brandao 9-month suspension following UFC release". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-05-20.
- "UFC 195". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2015-09-15.
- Staff (2016-01-03). "UFC 195 bonuses: Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit win obvious 'Fight of Night' award". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- Staff (2016-01-04). "UFC 195 salaries: Lawler ($500K), Condit ($315K) earn top disclosed payouts". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-01-04.