|UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey|
The poster for UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||December 30, 2016|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey was a mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) held on December 30, 2016, at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
A potential heavyweight title eliminator bout between former UFC Heavyweight Champions Fabrício Werdum and Cain Velasquez was expected to take place on the card. The pairing met previously in June 2015 at UFC 188, with then interim champion Werdum unifying the title with Velasquez's undisputed title, as he won the fight via submission in the third round. However the Nevada State Athletic Commission, after analyzing physical examinations and interviews, deemed Velasquez unfit to compete due to prior injuries, and pulled him from the event on December 24. The bout was eventually scrapped, and Werdum was removed from the card as well.
Matt Brown was expected to face former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Tarec Saffiedine at the event. However, Brown was pulled from the fight on November 11 in favor of a matchup with former UFC Lightweight Championship challenger Donald Cerrone three weeks earlier at UFC 206. Saffiedine instead faced Dong Hyun Kim.
Maryna Moroz was very briefly linked to a fight with Jéssica Andrade at the event. On December 7 Moroz was replaced by Invicta FC Strawweight Champion Angela Hill. Hill was then ruled out of fighting at UFC 207 because of a rule in the UFC's anti-doping policy with USADA, but not because she had failed a drug test. The pair eventually fought at UFC Fight Night 104, with Andrade winning by unanimous decision.  Subsequently, Andrade was removed from the card and was rescheduled for that event.
At the weigh-ins, former UFC Welterweight Champion Johny Hendricks and Ray Borg missed weight for their bouts, weighing in at 173.5 lbs and 129.5 lbs, respectively. As a result, they were fined 20% and 30% of their respective fight purses, which went to their respective opponents Neil Magny and Louis Smolka. Later, Hendricks would move up in weight to the 185 pound division, as a result of consistent weight misses.
|Women's Bantamweight||Amanda Nunes (c)||def.||Ronda Rousey||TKO (punches)||1||0:48||[a]|
|Bantamweight||Cody Garbrandt||def.||Dominick Cruz (c)||Decision (unanimous) (48-46, 48-47, 48-46)||5||5:00||[b]|
|Bantamweight||T.J. Dillashaw||def.||John Lineker||Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Dong Hyun Kim||def.||Tarec Saffiedine||Decision (split) (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (129.5 lbs)||Ray Borg||def.||Louis Smolka||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Welterweight||Neil Magny||def.||Johny Hendricks||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Antônio Carlos Júnior||def.||Marvin Vettori||Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Alex Garcia||def.||Mike Pyle||KO (punch)||1||3:34|
|Welterweight||Niko Price||def.||Brandon Thatch||Submission (arm-triangle choke)||1||4:30|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Welterweight||Alex Oliveira||vs.||Tim Means||No Contest (illegal knees)||1||3:33||[c]|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Cody Garbrandt vs. Dominick Cruz
- Performance of the Night: Amanda Nunes and Alex Garcia
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses. The total disclosed payout for the event was $4,683,000.
- Amanda Nunes: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Ronda Rousey: $3,000,000
- Cody Garbrandt: $200,000 (no win bonus) def. Dominick Cruz: $350,000
- T.J. Dillashaw: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. John Lineker: $43,000
- Dong Hyun Kim: $134,000 (includes $67,000 win bonus) def. Tarec Saffiedine: $40,000
- Ray Borg: $30,600 (includes $18,000 win bonus) def. Louis Smolka: $37,400 ¹
- Neil Magny: $114,000 (includes $47,000 win bonus) def. Johny Hendricks: $80,000 ²
- Antônio Carlos Júnior: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus) def. Marvin Vettori: $12,000
- Alex Garcia: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus) def. Mike Pyle: $55,000
- Niko Price: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Brandon Thatch: $22,000
- Alex Oliveira: $28,000 vs. Tim Means: $35,000 ³
¹ Ray Borg was fined 30 percent of his purse ($5,400) for failing to make the required weight for his fight with Louis Smolka. That money was issued to Smolka, an NSAC official confirmed.
² Johny Hendricks was fined 20 percent of his purse ($20,000) for failing to make the required weight for his fight with Neil Magny. That money was issued to Magny, an NSAC official confirmed.
³ Both fighters earned show money; no win bonus since fight ended in a no-contest.
The final attendance was 18,533, a record for Nevada, which had hosted 107 prior UFC events. Rousey's fight purse equaled the highest in history, which was Conor McGregor's record from UFC 202. Despite that, McGregor's UFC 205 purse is widely known as the highest one (no value is officially disclosed), even though the NYSAC does not release fight purses from events held in their jurisdiction.
- Staff (2016-12-31). "UFC 207 draws sold-out 18,533 attendance, a Las Vegas UFC record, for $4.75 million live gate". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- Dave Meltzer (2017-01-08). "UFC 207 does over 1 million buys". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- Adam Hill (2016-08-19). "UFC 207 set for Las Vegas in December". reviewjournal.com. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- Damon Martin (2016-10-12). "Ronda Rousey returns at UFC 207 to face Amanda Nunes". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- Staff (2015-10-24). "UFC bantamweight champ Dominick Cruz meets Cody Garbrandt in UFC 207 co-headliner". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-10-24.
- Guilherme Cruz (2016-09-15). "Fabricio Werdum vs. Cain Velasquez 2 targeted for UFC 207". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-06-14). "UFC 188 results: Fabricio Werdum taps out Cain Velasquez for shocking title upset". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- Staff (2016-12-24). "Cain Velasquez out of UFC 207 bout with Fabrico Werdum". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-24.
- Brett Okamoto (2016-11-02). "T.J. Dillashaw against John Lineker to be part of UFC 207". espn.com. Retrieved 2016-11-02.
- Ariel Helwani (2016-10-18). "Matt Brown vs. Tarec Saffiedine targeted for UFC 207". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-10-18.
- Dave Doyle (2016-11-11). "Donald Cerrone vs. Matt Brown slated for UFC 206". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Mike Bohn (2016-11-16). "Tarec Saffiedine gets replacement Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 207 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- Mookie Alexander (2016-12-06). "Andrade vs. Moroz not happening at UFC 207 (Updated)". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2016-12-06.
- Gabriel Carvalho (2016-12-07). "Angela Hill replaces Moroz and faces Jéssica Andrade at UFC 207". olimpomma.com. Retrieved 2016-12-07. (in Portuguese)
- Marc Raimondi (2016-12-13). "Hill's UFC return on hold due to USADA rule". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-12-13.
- Staff (2016-12-21). "UFC 207 lineup finalized again: Louis Smolka vs. Ray Borg opens main card on pay-per-view". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- Adam Hill (2016-10-17). "Welterweight bout added to UFC 207 card". reviewjournal.com. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- Staff (2016-12-12). "Sabah Homasi out, Brandon Thatch meets newcomer Niko Price at UFC 207". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-12.
- Steven Marrocco and John Morgan (2016-12-28). "Dana White confirms UFC 207 is Mike Goldberg's last event as commentator". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-28.
- Staff (2016-12-29). "UFC 207 early weigh-in results: Rousey hits 135, Hendricks and Borg miss weight". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-29.
- Dave Doyle (2016-12-30). "UFC 207 results: Alex Oliveira vs. Tim Means ends in bizarre no-contest". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-12-30.
- "UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- Staff (2016-12-31). "UFC 207 bonuses: Amanda Nunes and Alex Garcia pick up $50,000 for their brutal knockouts". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- Staff (2016-12-31). "Final UFC 207 salaries: Champ Amanda Nunes gets $200K, Ronda Rousey $3 million". mmajunkie.com. Archived from the original on 2017-01-01. Retrieved 2016-12-31.