|UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou|
The poster for UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||January 20, 2018|
A welterweight bout between The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians welterweight winner Kamaru Usman and Emil Weber Meek was originally scheduled for UFC 219. However, due to an alleged visa issue for Meek which affected his travel schedule, the pairing was delayed and then rescheduled for this event. However, it was shifted to UFC Fight Night: Stephens vs. Choi a day later, which took place six days before this event.
A welterweight bout between Abdul Razak Alhassan and Sabah Homasi was originally scheduled for UFC 219, but later shifted to this event. The pairing met previously at UFC 218, when Alhassan won via a controversial TKO.
Charles Rosa was expected to face promotional newcomer Dan Ige at the event. However, on December 22, Rosa pulled out due to a neck injury. Ige remained on the card and faced fellow newcomer Julio Arce.
Arnold Allen was expected to face The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America 2 lightweight winner Enrique Barzola at the event. However, Allen was pulled from the fight on January 11 due to alleged visa issues which restricted his ability to travel. He was replaced by promotional newcomer Matt Bessette.
Jamie Moyle was expected to face Maryna Moroz at the event. However, Moyle pulled out of the fight during the week leading up to the event citing an undisclosed injury. In turn, promotion officials indicated that Moroz would be rescheduled for a future event.
|Heavyweight||Stipe Miocic (c)||def.||Francis Ngannou||Decision (unanimous) (50–44, 50–44, 50–44)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Light Heavyweight||Daniel Cormier (c)||def.||Volkan Oezdemir||TKO (punches)||2||2:00||[b]|
|Featherweight||Calvin Kattar||def.||Shane Burgos||TKO (punches)||3||0:32|
|Light Heavyweight||Gian Villante||def.||Francimar Barroso||Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Bantamweight||Rob Font||def.||Thomas Almeida||TKO (head kick and punches)||2||2:24|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Featherweight||Kyle Bochniak||def.||Brandon Davis||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Abdul Razak Alhassan||def.||Sabah Homasi||KO (punch)||1||3:47|
|Flyweight||Dustin Ortiz||def.||Alexandre Pantoja||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Julio Arce||def.||Dan Ige||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Featherweight||Enrique Barzola||def.||Matt Bessette||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Islam Makhachev||def.||Gleison Tibau||KO (punch)||1||0:57|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Calvin Kattar vs. Shane Burgos
- Performance of the Night: Daniel Cormier and Abdul Razak Alhassan
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation. It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses. The total disclosed payout for the event was $2,551,000.
- Stipe Miocic: $600,000 (no win bonus) def. Francis Ngannou: $500,000
- Daniel Cormier: $500,000 (no win bonus) def. Volkan Oezdemir: $350,000
- Calvin Kattar: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Shane Burgos: $22,000
- Gian Villante: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus) def. Francimar Barroso: $27,000
- Rob Font: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Thomas Almeida: $36,000
- Kyle Bochniak: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Brandon Davis: $10,000
- Abdul Razak Alhassan: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Sabah Homasi: $12,000
- Dustin Ortiz: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Alexandre Pantoja: $14,000
- Julio Arce: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Dan Ige: $10,000
- Enrique Barzola: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus) def. Matt Bessette: $12,000
- Islam Makhachev: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus) def. Gleison Tibau: $50,000
- Staff (2018-01-21). "UFC 220 draws announced 16,015 attendance for $2.45 million gate in Boston". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- Staff (2017-10-30). "UFC 220 set for Jan. 20 in Boston". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Simon Samano (2017-12-06). "Stipe Miocic-Francis Ngannou heavyweight title fight targeted for UFC 220". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-12-06.
- Steven Marrocco (2017-11-29). "Daniel Cormier vs. Volkan Oezdemir title fight confirmed for UFC 220". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Ariel Helwani (2017-12-13). "Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek rescheduled for UFC 220". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- Staff (2017-12-14). "Kamaru Usman vs. Emil Meek rescheduled for UFC Fight Night 124 in St. Louis". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-12-14.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2017-12-03). "After controversial finish, Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Sabah Homasi rematch booked for UFC 219". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- Staff (2017-12-14). "Abdul Razak Alhassan vs. Sabah Homasi shifted to UFC 220". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- Staff (2017-12-22). "Charles Rosa says he's out of UFC 220 bout vs. Dan Ige with injury". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-12-23.
- Marcel Dorff (2018-01-03). "Julio Arce enters short notice against Dan Ige at UFC 220 in Boston" (in Dutch). mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2018-01-03.
- Nolan King (2018-01-11). "Arnold Allen out of UFC 220 bout against Enrique Barzola". mma-today.com. Retrieved 2018-01-11.
- Ryan Sprague (2018-01-11). "UFC 220: Matt Bessette booked to fight Enrique Barzola". fansided.com. Retrieved 2018-01-12.
- Dann Stupp and Matt Erickson (2018-01-17). "Maryna Moroz vs. Jamie Moyle pulled from Saturday's UFC 220 card". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2018-01-17). "Moyle-Moroz bout scrapped". ufc.com. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- Matt Erickson (2018-01-21). "UFC 220 bonuses: Daniel Cormier, Abdul Razak Alhassan among $50,000 winners". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- Shaun Al-Shatti (2018-01-30). "UFC 220 salaries: Stipe Miocic cashes event-high purse for record-breaking title defense". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-01-30.