|UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis|
The poster for UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||November 3, 2018|
|Venue||Madison Square Garden|
|City||New York City, New York|
UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that will be held on November 3, 2018 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
A bout for the vacant UFC Women's Flyweight Championship former UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship challenger Valentina Shevchenko and Sijara Eubanks was expected to serve as the event headliner. Shevchenko was initially expected to face former UFC Women's Strawweight Champion Joanna Jędrzejczyk at UFC 231 for the title, but due to UFC 230 being in need of a main event, she was booked against Eubanks sooner. Eubanks was expected to face Jessica Eye at UFC 232, before being moved to this bout. After the UFC announced Cormier/Lewis on October 9, they confirmed this bout was canceled and that Shevchenko would return to her original bout at UFC 231. Eubanks will remain on the event and will face former title challenger Roxanne Modafferi.
A middleweight bout between former interim UFC Middleweight Championship challenger (as well as 2000 Olympic silver medalist and world champion in freestyle wrestling) Yoel Romero and Paulo Costa was scheduled for the event. However, Romero indicated in mid-August that while he has been cleared to fight, his doctors have recommended that he wait another four to five months (early 2019) to allow facial injuries incurred during his most recent fight to fully heal.
A lightweight bout between Dustin Poirier and former UFC Lightweight Championship challenger and The Ultimate Fighter 5 lightweight winner Nate Diaz was expected to take place at the event. However on October 10, it was reported that Poirier pulled out due to injury and the bout was cancelled.
A bantamweight bout between Brian Kelleher and Domingo Pilarte was expected to take place at the event. However, on October 10, 2018, it was reported that Pilarte pulled out from the event due to injury and he was replaced by Montel Jackson.
A middleweight bout between former UFC Middleweight Champions Luke Rockhold and Chris Weidman was expected to take place at the event. The two previously met at UFC 194 where Rockhold defeated then champion Weidman with a fourth round knockout.Rockhold pulled out on October 19 due to multiple injuries.He will be replaced by Ronaldo Souza who was initially scheduled to face David Branch in the event. It is not sure a the moment a replacement would be sought for Souza and Branch would remain in the card.
|Heavyweight||Daniel Cormier (c)||vs.||Derrick Lewis||[a]|
|Middleweight||Karl Roberson||vs.||Jack Marshman|
|Middleweight||Derek Brunson||vs.||Israel Adesanya|
|Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)|
|Featherweight||Jason Knight||vs.||Jordan Rinaldi|
|Women's Flyweight||Sijara Eubanks||vs.||Roxanne Modafferi|
|Featherweight||Julio Arce||vs.||Sheymon Moraes|
|Welterweight||Ben Saunders||vs.||Lyman Good||
|Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Lightweight||Matt Frevola||vs.||Lando Vannata|
|Featherweight||Shane Burgos||vs.||Kurt Holobaugh|
|Bantamweight||Brian Kelleher||vs.||Montel Jackson|
- For the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
- Heavyweight bout: Ruslan Magomedov vs. Marcos Rogério de Lima
- Middleweight bout: Ronaldo Souza vs. Chris Weidman
- Staff (2018-07-08). "UFC announces rest of 2018 schedule from September through end of year". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- Damon Martin (2018-07-08). "UFC announces remaining schedule for 2018 including return to Madison Square Garden". mmanytt.com. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- Brett Okamoto (2018-10-09). "Daniel Cormier-Derrick Lewis official; Valentina Shevchenko moved back to UFC 231". espn.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Staff (2018-10-02). "UFC 230 finally has main event: Valentina Shevchenko vs. Sijara Eubanks for vacant flyweight title". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- Brandon Wise (2018-09-20). "Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko set for flyweight title fight at UFC 231". cbssports.com. Retrieved 2018-09-21.
- Staff (2018-08-31). "Jessica Eye vs. Sijara Eubanks Targeted for UFC 232". mmaonpoint.com. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- Staff (2018-10-10). "Sijara Eubanks will fight at UFC 230, after all". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- Ariel Helwani (2018-08-20). "Yoel Romero: Doctor says I need 4-5 months to heal before next fight". espn.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Staff (2018-10-09). "Dustin Poirier injured, out of UFC 230; Dana White says Nate Diaz off card, too". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- Dorff, Marcel (2018-10-10). "Montel Jackson vervangt Domingo Pilarte tijdens UFC 230 tegen Brian Kelleher". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2018-10-18.
- Monica, Mark La (2018-10-19). "Ben Saunders steps in to face Lyman Good at UFC 230". Newsday.com. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- Lee, Alexander (2018-09-09). "Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold 2 official for UFC 230". MMAFighting.com. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- Dave Doyle (2015-12-13). "UFC 194 results: Luke Rockhold stuns Chris Weidman to win middleweight title". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- MMAJunkie Staff (2018-10-19). "Luke Rockhold out of UFC 230 co-headliner vs. Chris Weidman". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- Ouiles Jr., Fernando (2018-10-19). "Chris Weidman vs. Jacare Souza Booked For UFC 230". MMANews.com. Retrieved 2018-10-19.
- "UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2018-07-18.
- DNA, MMA (2018-09-22). "Ruslan Magomedov keert na drie jaar afwezigheid terug tegen Marcos "Pezão" in New York". MMA DNA. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Jacare Souza to fill in for Luke Rockhold vs Chris Weidman at UFC 230 | BJPenn.com". | BJPenn.com. 2018-10-20. Retrieved 2018-10-20.
|This article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|