|UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes|
The poster for UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||February 8, 2020|
|City||Houston, Texas, United States|
While not officially announced by the organization, the promotion was initially targeting a light heavyweight bout between former interim title challenger Ovince Saint Preux and Ryan Spann to take place at the event. However, promotion matchmakers elected to go in another direction and the pairing was scrapped from the event.
A bantamweight bout between Sean O'Malley and José Alberto Quiñónez was originally scheduled to take place at UFC 229. However, it was scrapped after O'Malley failed a United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) drug test. The bout was then expected to take place at this event but it was eventually moved to UFC 248 for unknown reasons.
Jimmie Rivera was scheduled to face Marlon Vera at the event. However, Rivera pulled out of the fight on January 23 citing an injury. In turn, promotion officials elected to remove Vera from the card entirely.
Antonio Arroyo was expected to face Trevin Giles in a middleweight bout at the event. However, Arroyo pulled out a day before the fight due to medical issues. He was replaced by James Krause, who was already in Houston to corner Youssef Zalal.
|Light Heavyweight||Jon Jones (c)||def.||Dominick Reyes||Decision (unanimous) (48-47, 48–47, 49–46)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Women's Flyweight||Valentina Shevchenko (c)||def.||Katlyn Chookagian||TKO (elbows and punches)||3||1:03||[b]|
|Heavyweight||Justin Tafa||def.||Juan Adams||TKO (punches)||1||1:59|
|Featherweight||Dan Ige||def.||Mirsad Bektić||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Derrick Lewis||def.||Ilir Latifi||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (ESPN / ESPN+)|
|Middleweight||Trevin Giles||def.||James Krause||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Women's Flyweight||Lauren Murphy||def.||Andrea Lee||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Khaos Williams||def.||Alex Morono||KO (punches)||1||0:27|
|Bantamweight||Mario Bautista||def.||Miles Johns||TKO (flying knee and punches)||2||1:41|
|Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass / ESPN+)|
|Bantamweight||Journey Newson||vs.||Domingo Pilarte||No Contest (overturned)||1||0:38||[c]|
|Bantamweight||Andre Ewell||def.||Jonathan Martinez||Decision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Featherweight||Youssef Zalal||def.||Austin Lingo||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
The following fighters received $50,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Trevin Giles vs. James Krause
- Performance of the Night: Khaos Williams and Mario Bautista
On March 25, it was announced by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) that Journey Newson tested positive for marijuana in in-competition drug tests. His victory was also overturned to a no contest and he could face a fine and suspension, likely no longer than 90 days, per Texas regulations.
- Staff (2020-02-09). "UFC 247: attendance, gate, bonuses". fightsports.tv. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Heath Harshman (2019-11-20). "UFC 247: potential main events for Houston's pay-per-view". cagesidepress.com. Retrieved 2019-11-22.
- Dan Hiergesell (2019-11-22). "Jones vs. Reyes official for PPV event in Houston". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2019-11-23.
- Staff (2019-11-22). "Valentina Shevchenko puts title at stake against Katlyn Chookagian during UFC 247 in Houston". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2019-11-22. (in Dutch)
- Cole Shelton (2019-11-13). "Ovince St. Preux to lock horns with Ryan Spann at UFC event on Feb. 8". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- Nolan King (2019-12-10). "Ovince Saint Preux vs. Ryan Spann canceled from UFC 247 in Houston". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2019-12-10.
- Marc Raimondi (2018-09-30). "Sean O'Malley announces he's failed USADA drug test, out of UFC 229". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- Farah Hannoun and John Morgan (2020-01-03). "Sean O'Malley vs. Jose Quinonez moved to UFC 248 in Las Vegas". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-01-05.
- Guilherme Cruz (2020-01-22). "Neck injury forces Dhiego Lima out of UFC 247 fight with Alex Morono". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- Redactie (2020-01-29). "Khaos Williams makes UFC debut against Alex Morono during UFC 247 in Houston". mmadna.nl. Retrieved 2020-01-29. (in Dutch)
- Nolan King (2020-01-23). "Jimmie Rivera injured, out of UFC 247 fight vs. Marlon Vera". mmajunkie.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- Marc Raimondi (2020-02-07). "Late fill-in James Krause approved to fight Trevin Giles at UFC 247". espn.com. Retrieved 2020-02-08.
- "UFC 247: Jones vs. Reyes". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- Staff (2020-01-02). "UFC 247 bonuses: Khaos Williams earns an extra $50K in promotional debut". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2020-02-09.
- Marc Raimondi (2020-03-25). "Journey Newson's 38-second knockout of Domingo Pilarte in UFC 247 overturned in Texas". espn.com. Retrieved 2020-03-26.