UFC 57: Liddell vs. Couture 3 was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on February 4, 2006. It was held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on the Las Vegas Strip in Nevada, and broadcast live on pay-per-view in the United States.
Headlining the card was an anticipated rubber match between top UFC stars and former coaches of The Ultimate Fighter Chuck Liddell and Randy Couture, widely touted and marketed as MMA's first major trilogy.
It was the UFC's largest grossing gate to date, $3.3 million, in addition to an estimate of over 400,000 pay-per-view buys. The disclosed fighter payroll for the event was $667,000.
- ^ For the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship. Couture announces his retirement after the loss.
- ^ Sakara got a point deduction for an illegal vertical elbow to the head of Elvis Sinosic. This match was a preliminary match and was not aired on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- ^ This match was a preliminary match and was not aired on the pay-per-view broadcast.
- "Liddell’s KO Outshone Only by Couture’s Retirement" by Josh Gross, Sherdog, February 5, 2006, retrieved February 19, 2006
- Mixed martial arts show results, Mandalay Bay, February 4, 2006 (PDF), Nevada State Athletic Commission, retrieved February 23, 2006
- Top MMA Gates, Nevada State Athletic Commission, retrieved February 19, 2006
- UFC PPV Buys Explode in 2006
- UFC Fighter Salaries for 2006 (includes fighter salaries for UFC 57)