|UFC 69: Shootout|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 7, 2007|
|Attendance||15,269 (12,516 paid)|
UFC 69: Shootout was the first UFC event ever held in the state of Texas.
The co-main event was a rematch held between top welterweight contenders Josh Koscheck and then-undefeated Diego Sanchez. Sanchez defeated Koscheck by split decision in the semi-finals of the original Ultimate Fighter 1 series in the middleweight division; as with all TUF bouts prior to the finals, this was an exhibition bout and is not on either fighter's record.
|Welterweight||Matt Serra||def.||Georges St-Pierre (c)||TKO (punches)||1||3:25||[a]|
|Welterweight||Josh Koscheck||def.||Diego Sanchez||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Roger Huerta||def.||Leonard Garcia||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Yushin Okami||def.||Mike Swick||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Kendall Grove||def.||Alan Belcher||Technical Submission (D'Arce choke)||2||4:37|
|Heavyweight||Heath Herring||def.||Brad Imes||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Thales Leites||def.||Pete Sell||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Marcus Davis||def.||Pete Spratt||Submission (ankle lock)||2||2:57|
|Welterweight||Luke Cummo||def.||Josh Haynes||KO (punch)||2||2:45||[b]|
- For the Welterweight Championship.
- This preliminary bout was aired at the end of the pay-per-view broadcast following the Serra vs. St-Pierre fight.
Fighters were awarded $30,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia
- Knockout of the Night: Matt Serra
- Submission of the Night: Kendall Grove
- toyotacentertix.com (2007-02-03). "UFC 69 Ticket announcement". Retrieved 2007-02-03.
- UFC.com. "Upcoming Events: UFC 69: Shootout".
- kosmma.com (2007-01-27). "KOSCHECK vs. Diego Sanchez". Retrieved 2007-02-01.[dead link]
- "Tito Ortiz and Rashad Evans Scuffle at UFC 69". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2007-04-10.