|UFC 74: Respect|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||August 25, 2007|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||11,118 (9,622 paid)|
The main event was a UFC Heavyweight Championship bout which featured champion Randy Couture defending his title against Gabriel Gonzaga, who knocked out Mirko Filipović at UFC 70 to become the number one contender.
Former UFC and TKO Major League MMA welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, in his first fight since losing his title to Matt Serra at UFC 69, was matched up against The Ultimate Fighter's Josh Koscheck.
The card also featured former heavyweight champion Frank Mir against K-1 veteran Antoni Hardonk; The Ultimate Fighter 3's winner Kendall Grove; the UFC debut of PRIDE veteran Marcus Aurélio; The Ultimate Fighter 2 welterweight winner Joe Stevenson; and former light heavyweight challenger Renato Sobral.
Despite winning his bout, Sobral was fined $25,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission because he did not immediately follow referee's directions for releasing his chokehold after Heath tapped. Due to the controversial manner in which the bout was stopped, Sobral was subsequently released from his UFC contract.
|Main card (PPV)|
|Heavyweight||Randy Couture (c)||def.||Gabriel Gonzaga||TKO (punches)||3||1:37||[a]|
|Welterweight||Georges St-Pierre||def.||Josh Koscheck||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Roger Huerta||def.||Alberto Crane||TKO (punches)||3||1:50|
|Lightweight||Joe Stevenson||def.||Kurt Pellegrino||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Middleweight||Patrick Côté||def.||Kendall Grove||TKO (punches)||1||4:45|
|Light Heavyweight||Renato Sobral||def.||David Heath||Technical Submission (anaconda choke)||2||3:30|
|Heavyweight||Frank Mir||def.||Antoni Hardonk||Submission (kimura)||1||1:17|
|Middleweight||Thales Leites||def.||Ryan Jensen||Submission (armbar)||1||3:47||[b]|
|Lightweight||Clay Guida||def.||Marcus Aurélio||Decision (split) (30–27, 28–29, 30–27)||3||5:00|
- For the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
- This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Couture vs. Gonzaga fight.
Fighters were awarded $40,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Randy Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
- Knockout of the Night: Patrick Côté
- Submission of the Night: Thales Leites
- Randy Couture: $250,000
- Gabriel Gonzaga: $45,000
- Georges St-Pierre: $140,000 (includes $70,000 win bonus)
- Josh Koscheck: $10,000
- Roger Huerta: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
- Alberto Crane: $4,000
- Joe Stevenson: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)
- Kurt Pellegrino: $8,000
- Patrick Coté: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
- Kendall Grove: $12,000
- Renato Sobral: $25,000 ($25,000 win bonus withheld by NSAC)
- David Heath: $6,000
- Frank Mir: $66,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)
- Antoni Hardonk: $8,000
- Thales Leites: $18,000 (includes $9,000 win bonus)
- Ryan Jensen: $4,000
- Clay Guida: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
- Marcus Aurélio: $30,000
- Haney, Jeff (August 27, 2007). "Russian champion may be next on Couture's fight card". Las Vegas Sun. Retrieved 2007-08-29.
- Ken, Pishna (2007-09-24). "RENATO "BABALU" SOBRAL FINED $25,000". MMAWeekly.com. Retrieved 2007-10-30.
- Gross, Josh (2007-08-30). "Babaloose: UFC Cuts Controversial Fighter". Sherdog. Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- Trembow, Ivan (August 27, 2007). "UFC 74 Fighter Salary Breakdown" (Reprint). MMA Weekly. Retrieved 2007-09-05.
- Iole, Kevin (August 28, 2007). "There should be no room for Babalu's antics". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 2007-09-05.