|UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin|
The poster for UFC 86: Jackson vs. Griffin.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||July 5, 2008|
|Venue||Mandalay Bay Events Center|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Attendance||10,990 (9,630 paid)|
The main event was between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Forrest Griffin, coaches on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest, and was for Jackson's UFC Light Heavyweight Championship.
A welterweight bout between Steve Bruno and Chris Wilson was originally scheduled to take place at this event. However, the fight would be postponed and instead took place at UFC 87 on August 9, 2008.
|Main card (PPV)|
|Light Heavyweight||Forrest Griffin||def.||Quinton Jackson (c)||Decision (unanimous) (48–46, 48–46, 49–46)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Middleweight||Patrick Côté||def.||Ricardo Almeida||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Joe Stevenson||def.||Gleison Tibau||TKO (Knees & Punches)||2||2:57|
|Welterweight||Josh Koscheck||def.||Chris Lytle||TKO (Punches)||2||2:00|
|Lightweight||Tyson Griffin||def.||Marcus Aurélio||KO (Punches)||1||1:40|
|Heavyweight||Gabriel Gonzaga||def.||Justin McCully||Submission (Americana)||1||1:57|
|Lightweight||Melvin Guillard||def.||Dennis Siver||KO (punches)||1||0:36|
|Lightweight||Cole Miller||def.||Jorge Gurgel||Submission (triangle choke)||3||4:48|
|Lightweight||Justin Buchholz||def.||Corey Hill||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||3:57|
At the end of the night, the UFC awarded $60,000 to each of the fighters who received one of these three awards.
- Fight of the Night: Quinton Jackson vs. Forrest Griffin
- Knockout of the Night: Melvin Guillard
- Submission of the Night: Cole Miller
- "UFC 86 Official Fight Card". Ultimate Fighting Championship. 2008-04-05. Archived from the original on 2008-04-06. Retrieved 2008-04-05.
- "Chris Wilson vs. Steve Bruno UFC 86 fight booked". mmamania.com. May 2, 2008.
- "Chris Wilson vs. Steve Bruno Moved To UFC 87". mmafrenzy.com. May 27, 2008.
- "UFC 86 bonuses for 'Jackson vs Griffin' PPV fights". MMAmania. 2018-07-06. Retrieved 2018-10-02.