|UFC 96: Jackson vs. Jardine|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 7, 2009|
The card was headlined by a Light Heavyweight bout between Quinton Jackson and Keith Jardine. Following the main event, Rashad Evans, training partner of Jardine and then-Light Heavyweight Champion, entered the cage and publicly challenged Jackson. It resulted in a long-standing feud between the two that would not be settled until 2010.
Saunders was then scheduled to face replacement Ryan Madigan, but that bout was also cancelled when Saunders suffered a shattered toe in training. Madigan eventually faced Tamdan McCrory on this card.
|Main card (PPV)|
|Light Heavyweight||Quinton Jackson||def.||Keith Jardine||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Heavyweight||Shane Carwin||def.||Gabriel Gonzaga||KO (punch)||1||1:09|
|Welterweight||Matt Brown||def.||Pete Sell||TKO (punches)||1||1:32|
|Light Heavyweight||Matt Hamill||def.||Mark Munoz||KO (head kick)||1||3:53|
|Lightweight||Gray Maynard||def.||Jim Miller||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Tamdan McCrory||def.||Ryan Madigan||TKO (punches)||1||3:35||[a]|
|Middleweight||Kendall Grove||def.||Jason Day||TKO (punches and elbows)||1||1:32||[b]|
|Light Heavyweight||Jason Brilz||def.||Tim Boetsch||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00||[c]|
|Light Heavyweight||Brandon Vera||def.||Michael Patt||TKO (leg kicks)||2||1:27||[d]|
|Lightweight||Shane Nelson||def.||Aaron Riley||TKO (punches)||1||0:44|
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Gonzaga vs. Carwin fight.
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Sell vs. Brown fight.
- This bout aired last on the PPV broadcast following the Vera vs. Patt fight.
- This bout aired on the PPV broadcast following the Jackson vs. Jardine fight.
Fighters were awarded $60,000 bonuses.
- Fight of the Night: Quinton Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
- Knockout of the Night: Matt Hamill
- Submission of the Night: Not awarded as no matches ended with submission
- Quinton Jackson ($325,000 – includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Keith Jardine ($55,000)
- Shane Carwin ($32,000 – includes $16,000 win bonus) def. Gabriel Gonzaga ($60,000)
- Matt Brown ($16,000 – includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Pete Sell ($12,000)
- Matt Hamill ($40,000 – includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Mark Munoz ($12,000)
- Gray Maynard ($20,000 – includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Jim Miller ($9,000)
- Tamdan McCrory ($20,000 – includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Ryan Madigan ($3,000)
- Kendall Grove ($44,000 – includes $22,000 win bonus) def. Jason Day ($5,000)
- Jason Brilz ($10,000 – includes $5,000 win bonus) def. Tim Boetsch ($12,000)
- Brandon Vera ($60,000 – includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Michael Patt ($5,000)
- Shane Nelson ($16,000 – includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Aaron Riley ($6,000)
- "UFC 96 Fighter Salaries: “Rampage” Tops Payroll". MMAFrenzy.com. 2008-04-05. Retrieved 2009-03-09.
- "UFC 96 – Cancelled & Fizzled Bouts". tapology.com. Retrieved 2014-12-03.
- "Jackson, Jardine and Hamill earn $60K UFC 96 bonuses". MMAjunkie.com. February 8, 2009. Retrieved February 8, 2009.